why?

cougarbait

on a national scale why doesnt IOWA ever get credit for what theyve accoplished.I know their the hawks and it could all come undone tomorrow but until that happens give IOWA their kudos.I know they shouldve blown out uni and arkansas st. but they upset penn st. and wisconson(on the road)in summary all theyve done is step up when it counted,and more importantly all theyve done is win,win,win.:confused:

Unfortunately, the phrase "style points" keeps coming up and it plays a part right now at the mid-point of the season. As long as Iowa keeps winning, the margin of victories will not matter.

I think the bigger question is why do you care so much what the nation thinks of your team? Just hope they keep winning...enjoy this...don't worry about what is being thought of your team...they've got some bigger things ahead of them than someone's opinion

National perception is one thing, but the thing I'm most annoyed with is all the naysayers commenting on our close wins and how lucky we are to be undefeated. Yes alot of our games have been close, but that is the nature of this team. "Luck" from my standpoint, is succeeding at something you have a very small chance of winning. This Iowa team is creating their own breaks and and forcing the other teams into mistakes by playing hard, fundamental football for 60 minutes a game. Luck has nothing to do with it.

Why worry about what the national media or fans of other teams think? The national media will always give the benefit of the doubt to the traditional national powers. Fans of other teams will always look for reasons to put down other teams and justify why their team (or conference) is better.

In the end it doesn't really matter. If the Hawks win out they will go to a great bowl game, maybe play in the NC game and make a whole bunch of people eat some crow. If not, maybe the media and those fans were right.

The reason why is because the media is playing to the masses. Until Iowa starts becoming a constant in the top 10 of football they will never be talked up and endorsed in the way the USC's, Florida's, and Texas' are. Our OC competition is viewed as weak and overall the Big10 isnt exactly having a strong year so naturally there are some reservations about how good Iowa truly is. I see myself feeling the same. The only thing we can do is keep winning this year and for years to come.

I totally agree with TheManTheMyth on this one. Until all can say Michigan, Ohio State and Iowa in one breath, The Big Ten won't get the respect nor will the Hawkeyes.

Latest posts