Why the meltdown?

I think it's more on HOW we lost, and how the whole season has gone in general. Personally, I'm not melting down about this loss. I didn't think we were going to win this game in the preseason, then I thought maybe we had a shot, and then after our games against Indiana and Northwestern, I went back to taking this as a loss.

I think this is a culmination meltdown rather than a one game meltdown. The realization of the failure of the entire season has kicked in. If you can't melt down now I don't know when you can.

Scott, never try to advance a logical argument in the wake of a Hawkeye football loss. Just lean back and let the meltdown proceed to it's bitter conclusion. :)

I think this is a culmination meltdown rather than a one game meltdown. The realization of the failure of the entire season has kicked in. If you can't melt down now I don't know when you can.

the rest of the board will go Chernobyl after Iowa loses a 28 point lead with 3 minutes to go against minnesota.

Probably because we've seen this movie three times this year, and it's ended the same way every time.

1. Sizeable 4th quarter lead.
2. Missed field at some point.
3. Handful of timeouts, around a 1 1/2 minutes to go the length of the field to score.
4. Defense gives it up when they absolutely have to make a stop.
5. Offense sucks in the 4th quarter, keeping the defense on the field
6. Oh yeah, Stanzi takes a sack when he can't afford to take a sack.

Not exactly in that order, but you get the picture.

Its not a meltdown.... just the frustration that this was another game we probably should have won.

Probably because we've seen this movie three times this year, and it's ended the same way every time.

3. Handful of timeouts, around a 1 1/2 minutes to go the length of the field to score.

Yes. I think this is more of a frustration-down than a meltdown.

Look at the prediction thread, it isn't like 75% of you thought Iowa would win anyway.

True. I also thought we would lose. It's taking from what happened in the game to the result that is frustrating.

The meltdown is due to what happened the 2 games before and seeing the game unfold much like the 2 previous (with the Inidana game being the obvious exception).

SR, it took me three minutes to write almost the same thing in another thread, but it feels better and you're spot on---same sad story.

I agree. If this hadn't been a reoccuring theme, I don't think anyone would be ripping the coaching staff after this loss. It gets frustrating to see the same event unfold 4 times in one season.

the rest of the board will go Chernobyl after Iowa loses a 28 point lead with 3 minutes to go against minnesota.

I spit out my beer laughing at the thought of Iowa scoring 28 points. Amazing how Zook was able to decipher that machine that is the Northwestern defense.

Latest posts