Why should we care who ISU signs?

BnG4Me

I guess I also wonder why we should care what they do period. I'm a Hawkeye fan, so why should I waste my time on a school that isn't even a conference rival. It's funny how bragging rights always seem to matter most to the people who rarely have them.

In regards to Royce White, if he can manage to keep himself eligible then he may be a great pick-up. Then again, he may be a total bust. Either way I don't really care.

If they're not playing Iowa then ISU, like most of our other opponents, cease to matter to me. I don't care if they go undefeated or lose every game.

I guess I also wonder why we should care what they do period. I'm a Hawkeye fan, so why should I waste my time on a school that isn't even a conference rival. It's funny how bragging rights always seem to matter most to the people who rarely have them.

In regards to Royce White, if he can manage to keep himself eligible then he may be a great pick-up. Then again, he may be a total bust. Either way I don't really care.

If they're not playing Iowa then ISU, like most of our other opponents, cease to matter to me. I don't care if they go undefeated or lose every game.

in a related topic, why does this post require a whole new thread?

Because we are recruiting the SAME kids!! I don't care who Florida and USC sign because we don't recruit the same kids. If ISU gets recruits over Iowa and then continuously defeats us with those kids Iowa fails! This is why I pay attention.

Sorry if I wasted your time ankle, I'm new to the whole posting thing. Please feel free to ignore any future threads started by me.

Historically, has ISU beat Iowa for players they were both recruiting on a regular basis?
I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything , I honestly don't know.

Because we are recruiting the SAME kids!! I don't care who Florida and USC sign because we don't recruit the same kids. If ISU gets recruits over Iowa and then continuously defeats us with those kids Iowa fails! This is why I pay attention.

Was Iowa recruiting Royce White? I honestly do not know.

Iowa was going after Royce White? ISU was going after Basabe?

No. Fran didn't want anything to do with White as did 100s other schools. I'd be concerned why he wasn't being recruited by many if he is so talented. I'm just saying that Iowa is lacking in the talent compared to ISU currently.

I really don't care who they sign. Iowa has been over the course of history the better basketball program and much like football is the top school in the state for basketball. To take these last 5 years and mark that as to where Iowa basketball sits in the history of the game is incorrect. Even over those god awful 5 years, Iowa has basically split with the Clones in basketball over that time. Couple that with the history of the two schools: head to head W's and L's and NCAA Tourney appearances and wins, Iowa is way ahead. So ultimately I don't worry who ISU really recruits.

Can tell its too early for football and post basketball recruiting. People getting a little fiesty.

In reality, you know you have two programs with a ways to go when both are still adding players in July.

We will all know more in about 5-6 months. Rest up.

No. Fran didn't want anything to do with White as did 100s other schools. I'd be concerned why he wasn't being recruited by many if he is so talented. I'm just saying that Iowa is lacking in the talent compared to ISU currently.

Then you and I are either looking at different rosters or are taking away totally different opinions. I think Iowa's roster is better than ISU's for the 2010-2011 basketball season.

I keep reading both threads on Royce White...Unless I am mistaken, didn't we all come to a consensus a month or two ago that Iowa should not touch this kid with a forty foot pole? If so, why bother discussing any further about a kid we didn't want. If ISU beat us in a recruitment battle over player X, that is a different story. Until then, let Fran do his thing and see where he takes us.

Many of you honestly aren't going to like this but their is maybe 1-2 in-state kids at the most that are worth looking at recruiting in Iowa each year. If Iowa is getting nothing but in state talent, you can forget about a National title. A National title is the goal right? Iowa produces some good players, but the Harrison Barnes type players are few and far between.
Now if you can get those 1-2 athletes to commit each year, that's great. They can be a great addition to your team, but to really get a team where you are competing for a Big Ten title and beyond, your focus has to be out of state.

Latest posts