Why Rudock left

HomerChampless

Jake left because of oldkirk. Heck, who knew there'd be a newkirk? Who knows when newkirk will come to the forefront? Jake realized once a starting QB is announced by oldkirk, he stays as starting QB come he!! or high water. The Jake Christensen situation with Stanzi was an outlier. Who knew exactly how much had to go into getting KF to change his mind in the Stanzi/Christensen case? KF is an expert on making these decisions?

If Jake Rudock had pulled one of those close games at the end of the 2014 season out of the fire (particularly Nebraska), I think Iowa sees CJ transferring. The ISU loss didn't seem to matter. The Ball State close win didn't seem to matter. The Purdue win didn't seem to matter. The second half win at Pittsburgh didn't seem to matter.

Jake knew once oldkirk named CJ as his starting QB, CJ would stay as starting QB. Jake knew he'd get very little playing time.
If oldkirk had said "There will be a competition for starting QB this season", Jake would know oldkirk was displeased with his performance but Jake still had a shot to start. Maybe Jake would've stayed. Iowa really needed him in the QB mix this season. Particularly when CJ was injured.

Yes, Jake also left Iowa for Michigan because he was probably 'guaranteed' the starting QB position by Harbaugh.

Last edited:
He left because he knew he was given an opportunity, and for reasons, some of which that were beyond his control, wasn't able to succeed like the staff wanted him and the team to do so. In the end, it worked out great for Rudock, CJB, Iowa, and Michigan.

I wonder how much latitude the Beathards gave KF in naming the starting QB? I don't remember much of what they said at that Nashville radio station last December. I didn't think it mattered much. I thought CJ was long gone. I thought oldkirk would automatically name Jake as starter next season...and play CJ little, again.

I hope they didn't put some 'mafioso-like' pressure on KF to name CJ as starter or he transfers. IMO, that kind of pressure would make me, as a coach, want to yearn for an early retirement. Along with the ticket sales pressure. Along with more wins. Along with providing enough training for Brian to be an adequate coach...yearn for an early retirement.

Last edited:
Imagine how great the season could have been if Iowa didn't lose all those games when Beathard was hurt.

Rudock wasn't good enough, so he took his ball and went somewhere else.

If the Beathards put a frickin horse head in Ferentz's bed I am cool with it because it was the right decision. 12 wins and a Rose Bowl agree with me.

If Rudock stayed and came in for an injured CJ, we probably lose a couple games.

Exactly. Rudock staying would have done nothing positive for this team. CJ would have felt unnecessary pressure and the entire situation could have impacted team morale. Anyone saying that Iowa could have used him when CJ was injured is an idiot. This team went 12-0 with CJ at the helm. Get a grip.

Imagine how great the season could have been if Iowa didn't lose all those games when Beathard was hurt.

Rudock wasn't good enough, so he took his ball and went somewhere else.

If the Beathards put a frickin horse head in Ferentz's bed I am cool with it because it was the right decision. 12 wins and a Rose Bowl agree with me.
What if Iowa becomes the Kentucky of basketball? Players play one year and go to the pros? What about giving, then taking away, all of those scholarship offers the SEC deigns to give and take? Playing potential felons? You draw a line at success, Boat?

Jake left because of oldkirk. Heck, who knew there'd be a newkirk? Who knows when newkirk will come to the forefront? Jake realized once a starting QB is announced by oldkirk, he stays as starting QB come he!! or high water. The Jake Christensen situation with Stanzi was an outlier. Who knew exactly how much had to go into getting KF to change his mind in the Stanzi/Christensen case? KF is an expert on making these decisions?

If Jake Rudock had pulled one of those close games at the end of the 2014 season out of the fire (particularly Nebraska), I think Iowa sees CJ transferring. The ISU loss didn't seem to matter. The Ball State close win didn't seem to matter. The Purdue win didn't seem to matter. The second half win at Pittsburgh didn't seem to matter.

Jake knew once oldkirk named CJ as his starting QB, CJ would stay as starting QB. Jake knew he'd get very little playing time.
If oldkirk had said "There will be a competition for starting QB this season", Jake would know oldkirk was displeased with his performance but Jake still had a shot to start. Maybe Jake would've stayed. Iowa really needed him in the QB mix this season. Particularly when CJ was injured.

Yes, Jake also left Iowa for Michigan because he was probably 'guaranteed' the starting QB position by Harbaugh.

Did you come up with this while brushing your teeth or driving in your car?

Exactly. Rudock staying would have done nothing positive for this team. CJ would have felt unnecessary pressure and the entire situation could have impacted team morale. Anyone saying that Iowa could have used him when CJ was injured is an idiot. This team went 12-0 with CJ at the helm. Get a grip.
An injured CJ doesn't play as well as a healthier CJ. And a CJ with a 'catastrophic' injury hopes for a medical redshirt. Someone who says, in a contact game like football, that a qualified backup isn't necessary is living life on the edge. Wait, KF did this all season?

Way over thought about topic now... Jon summed it up in one sentence. I'm more fired up about beating Stanford bringing some roses home and keeping the momentum of the program high going into next year.

I agree, the way Ruddock was treated was so unfair that it has put a dark cloud over the whole season. I thought the team was about doing the right thing and Iowa cared about its players but I guess I was wrong.

CJ stole his girlfriend. She wanted something a little more sexy, she liked what he was packing. Old news

Homerchampless = GIF

giphy.gif

Latest posts