Why No Video Entrance and Player Countdown to Kickoff?

Shouldn't they wait for the ten year for a significant 9/11 tribute? Also, every school honors their HOF coaches from different sports in a similar manner and Iowa has ALWAYS done this. Wonder if the anticipation for the new season or the new tailgating rules have just made some of you notice this for the first time.

That being said, I am more a fan of doing this stuff at halftime.

Last edited:
next week may not be the same there will be a few events/moments dedicated to commemorating 9/11 (hopefully a fly by, with the team doing a patch/sticker of some sort). Remember this particular game was moved 9 years ago because of that tragedy. Moving the game to the end of the year that eventually was a loss.

Thanks for reminding us, brotha. Grant Steen!

Shouldn't they wait for the ten year for a significant 9/11 tribute? Also, every school honors their HOF coaches from different sports in a similar manner and Iowa has ALWAYS done this. Wonder if the anticipation for the new season or the new tailgating rules have just made some of you notice this for the first time.

That being said, I am more a fan of doing this stuff at halftime.

9/11 won't be on a football Saturday next year.

I have to many, many venues and Iowa's pre-game use of the big screen is NAIA type compared to most. Take Nebraska (who I despise) there video and pre-game before the team comes out is simply awesome and changes from week to week. I think Iowa really drops the ball here and it simply HAS TO CHANGE. Wonder who we could complain too..for a top 10 football program we really suck at this part.

Maybe this could be part of some class project each week? :)

This definitely this should become a contest for a number of students to come up with a video/audio presentation for the best pregame video possible for each game. Iowa has so many talented students that to have anything less than amazing is not acceptable. With many connections to Hollywood and the film industry, I would think this would be something that students can use to help propel them in their careers. As far as timing, maybe someone fell asleep at the wheel, but no matter what the pregame schedule is, there should always be that build up for excitement before a game. No excuses, happier fans means better game atmosphere, better f&b sales, and better ticket sales in the future.

The other thing that bothers me about the team entrance on the field is that I wish they would turn off the speakers when the team starts the Swarm so that the fans can hear the band play "On Iowa."

Go Hawks!

Latest posts