Why move Cy-Hawk threads to Rivalry Forum?

tweeterhawk

Most of these dealt with a game involving the Iowa Hawkeyes and belong in the Hawkeye Basketball forum. Brings some needed life to that forum. Rivalry seems better suited to items strictly involving rival programs.

margegunderson.jpg

Well, I just don't understand it.

I threw them in there late last night, as that's where most ISU threads go.

So you're going to put every game thread involving games against Big 10 teams in the Rivalry thread as well? I mean, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc are our rivals as well. Seems pretty silly to me.

So you're going to put every game thread involving games against Big 10 teams in the Rivalry thread as well? I mean, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc are our rivals as well. Seems pretty silly to me.
Nope. We move threads when posters start getting at each other based on a rivalry. That's where they go. Just like when threads turn political, they go into that forum. It really depends on the flow of the conversation.

You can organize the forum any way you want but from a content sorting aspect this doesn't make sense. On a range of Hawkeye Basketball to Rivalry I think any pre-, in- and post-game comments weigh heavily towards the Basketball forum. They directly involve Iowa basketball and that's where 98 percent of the regular readers/posters here are going to look for them. Anything about the opponent beyond the immediate game probably belongs in Rivalry. Just MHO; YMMV.

BTW, stormin, don't recall if your previous previews had it or not but thank you for posting very prominently at the top of your Iowa-ISU preview the time, viewing and listening info. Very helpful.

Last edited:
I'm gonna agree with Twitter here. I pretty much only check the Football and Basketball Forum. I wouldn't even think to check the Rivalry Forum for threads on a game. In fact this morning I was wondering where all the threads from last night went.

Nope. We move threads when posters start getting at each other based on a rivalry. That's where they go. Just like when threads turn political, they go into that forum. It really depends on the flow of the conversation.

Thanks, I get tired of threads turning into a ******* match.

I'm gonna agree with Twitter here. I pretty much only check the Football and Basketball Forum. I wouldn't even think to check the Rivalry Forum for threads on a game. In fact this morning I was wondering where all the threads from last night went.

Annoying...they wouldn't have been moved had we won me thinks.

The original threads are still here in the BB forum, they just redirect to the Rivalry Forum. I have a month long redirect setup on them.

As far as winning or losing, it doesn't matter. Once Iowa and ISU fans get in ******* wars, they get moved. That's how it's always been. I really don't see it as that big of a deal.

Latest posts