Why isn't Dottie Sandusky getting more heat?

I am really curious as to what anyone thinks she should be charged with? There are no laws in place that require someone to report suspicions of their spouse being a child predator like there are for people in public positions like schools and churches.

In addition, there are cases all of the time where people find out their spouses have abused their children and they didn't know it was going on. There are stories in the news all the time about kids talking about how parents abused them and years later when they tell their story the other parent is dumbfounded that it was going on.

Finally, in a court of law, one cannot be forced to testify against their spouse. I have a feeling somehow that would carry over into this type of situation, too, although I am not a lawyer and don't play one on TV.

Look, I am not saying she knew or didn't know. But from a legal standpoint there is probably a reason along these lines that she is not held responsible for repotting anything in the eyes of the law.

I really don't care to debate whether she knew about it or not. That wasn't the question.

Very well stated VAhawk:
---------
Come on, guys, seriously? Have any of you ever been in love??

When you love someone, when you've built a life with someone, you WANT to believe the best of them. You WANT to give them the benefit of the doubt. You WANT them to be that person you can build the idealic life with. Because if they're not, then what do you have?

But, yes...in one sense, you're right. She probably knew...or at least suspected strongly. And I can almost guarantee you that when the house of cards finally crumbled, and she had no choice but to be honest...there was probably a moment of deep sadness when she had to admit as much to herself.

However, it's equally as true that no one in the world is as gullible and easy to lie to as yourself. When you want it desperately enough it's easy to buy the story, overlook the inconsistencies and dismiss the evidence as coincidence. It's easy to convince yourself that what you see isn't really what you see. And still small voices are easily silenced. Burying your head in the midst of a storm...well, that too can be easy. Sometimes the fear hiding behind the question "What if it's true?" seems too overwhelming to face.

Spouses, parents, siblings, best friends...untold masses throughout history have had to admit, after learning something terrible about a loved one, "I knew, but I didn't want to believe it."

I'm not giving her a free pass. But I am saying this isn't a case of her being sinister. It's a case of her being human.

Come on, guys, seriously? Have any of you ever been in love??

When you love someone, when you've built a life with someone, you WANT to believe the best of them. You WANT to give them the benefit of the doubt. You WANT them to be that person you can build the idealic life with. Because if they're not, then what do you have?

But, yes...in one sense, you're right. She probably knew...or at least suspected strongly. And I can almost guarantee you that when the house of cards finally crumbled, and she had no choice but to be honest...there was probably a moment of deep sadness when she had to admit as much to herself.

However, it's equally as true that no one in the world is as gullible and easy to lie to as yourself. When you want it desperately enough it's easy to buy the story, overlook the inconsistencies and dismiss the evidence as coincidence. It's easy to convince yourself that what you see isn't really what you see. And still small voices are easily silenced. Burying your head in the midst of a storm...well, that too can be easy. Sometimes the fear hiding behind the question "What if it's true?" seems too overwhelming to face.

Spouses, parents, siblings, best friends...untold masses throughout history have had to admit, after learning something terrible about a loved one, "I knew, but I didn't want to believe it."

I'm not giving her a free pass. But I am saying this isn't a case of her being sinister. It's a case of her being human.

I agree with this whole heartedly and have been saying this for along time. This about sums up the case to me. People lied to themselves, ignored signs, and ultimately believed that their thoughts couldn't be true because they know the said accuser, and they know he would never do anything like that.

They can't really prove she knows anything, no victims have said "she saw it". I don't believe she doesn't know, but you can't just convict people with "come on, she had to know" being the only "evidence".

You just can't put a grey bush in prison. It's totally uncivilized, even for a country who executes re tarded people.

^^^^ Got it backwards, what she did was uncivilized. Punishing evil is how you get to civilization. Might want to familiarize yourself with human history.

Latest posts