why is oregon ranked ahead of us?

I don't agree with it but if there is a one loss team I can stand being ahead of us it's them.

I agree if its going to be a one loss team ranked ahead of us its oregon , they lost to an undefeated Boise St . So.. its really close right now , if we can win out and put a drubbing on OSU we will jump.

Right now there are 1 million hawkeye fans loving every moment and 750 million people waiting to jump on us if we stumble...they just cant wait.

Because the entire nation is in love with a sub-par USC team. Seeing them get crushed by Oregon makes them think Oregon is the best team ever to play college football.

Because the AP Poll is desperate for attention by doing things like this.

After all, they're no longer relevant to deciding a national champion.

Oregon just dismantled an USC team that the entire nation thinks is the greatest thing since sliced bread on national television. While Iowa was down 10 going into the fourth quarter, ESPN made sure to let everyone know that on the scroll at the bottom of the screen. If Iowa wins out, the polls will take care of themselves.

I am the most die hard Hawk, but I will give respect where respect is due. Oregon is a great team and they seem to be coming together at the right time. I have no problem with them being ranked ahead of us. We're 4 in the BCS, what the hell more do you want. We haven't really dazzled anyone so far. We have the heart of a lion and we know how to win, but style points are going to be hard to get. We need to put a full game together to gain respect nationally.

I feel like if people want to compare our team this year to the 2002 Ohio St team, Oregon reminds me of the 2002 Hawkeyes. They lost to a team they were probably better than early in the year, and they just keep getting better as the season goes on. I think they could play with anyone right now. That being said, undefeated is undefeated.

If we go undefeated and don't get a shot at national championship after beating psu, msu, um, wisconsin and ohio state, that sucks.

the bcs is even hoping we lose so they can keep congress out of their system. Here's from their website:

"Iowa, Cincinnati and Southern California are likely to lose another game by the end of the regular season. That leaves Florida, Alabama and Texas competing for the title-game spots. A Florida-Alabama matchup in the SEC Championship Game will serve as an elimination game."

check out their propoganda defending against a playoff and keeping status quo: http://www.bcsfootball.org/cfb/story/10281242/BCS-Doesn't-Need-Intervention

"Southern California, LSU and Oklahoma all had a right to claim the national title in 2003, and unbeaten Auburn got left out of the mix in 2004. Otherwise, the two best teams have played, just as they did a season ago when No. 2 Florida defeated unbeaten and No. 1 Oklahoma."

Oklahoma was not undefeated...

By the way, that was literally the stupidest article I've ever seen. Awful justification..."The BCS usually works, tell it to Obama." What if airplanes usually stayed in the air? Would be ignore the fact that .0001 percent are crashing around the same time every year? No. Morons.

I could probably be convinced that Oregon is a better team than Iowa right now. That's no knock on Iowa, but with the way Oregon was playing on Saturday, no one could have beaten them.

As fans of a team that always closes strong, we should recognize another team that has gotten better as the year went on.

They beat USC! The greatest team EVER! Oregon is the girl with shaved pits in Paris for this week...they will prly get knocked off next week.

I could probably be convinced that Oregon is a better team than Iowa right now. That's no knock on Iowa, but with the way Oregon was playing on Saturday, no one could have beaten them.

As fans of a team that always closes strong, we should recognize another team that has gotten better as the year went on.

I agree, it seems everyone that has a vote in the poll has a different way they come up with their rankings. As I have said before as long as Iowa keeps winning it doesn't really matter, Iowa needs to win out and have two of the teams in the top 3 to lose until that happens it doesn't really matter what we are ranked.

Latest posts