Why is JO Starting Over May?!

One of life's greatest mysteries right now. No clue why Fran continues to be infatuated with JO. May is a senior and the way he has played he deserves to start. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

May doesn't want to start. That's all there is to it. I think it's pretty obvious that our best line up right now is Marble, May, White, Basabe and Woodbury. May is a senior and has matured. He plays with much more confidence and within himself. I have a hunch he will be starting in the very near future and will stay there until the end of his career. I still like the rest of the guys in the rotation...just would let their play in a given game dictate their minutes.

I would say it's because May is a SF and JO is a SG. That being said I don't know why Sapp isn't starting and have Marble back at the 2.

I would have Clemmons starting with Marble at the 2. I've been sticking up for Josh elsewhere all year, but when it comes down to needing to get wins, and getting nothing from a guy, he shouldn't be starting. I think Iowa's offense is much better when a true PG is in whether it be Gesell or Clemmons.

I kinda like JO in the starting lineup because I'm still under the impression that he is a robot in pre-game, then suddenly has no touch once he's in the game. Maybe he'll still have his rhythm if he gets chances earlier in the game. As soon as he proves that's not the case, it will be perfectly clear that he doesn't belong in the starting lineup, or in the lineup in general. Until then, I like giving him a chance, because May is reliable whether he starts or not.

One of life's greatest mysteries right now. No clue why Fran continues to be infatuated with JO. May is a senior and the way he has played he deserves to start. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Who cares? May played more meaningful minutes. Some guys respond better to coming off the bench. I assume Fran is trying to build JO's confidence by starting him. It really makes no difference who starts as long as you get the group on the floor playing the best. Basabe and May are great guys coming off the bench and they still play starter minutes.

Well besides the fact they play different positions, I like what May brings off the bench. He's the only consistent player we have n the bench right now. He plays a total selfless and hustle game and that is ideal for a sixth man.

I would say it's because May is a SF and JO is a SG. That being said I don't know why Sapp isn't starting and have Marble back at the 2.

This probably should have ended the thread. But if there's one thing I know, it's HN is not full of a bunch of quitters.

I would have Clemmons starting with Marble at the 2. I've been sticking up for Josh elsewhere all year, but when it comes down to needing to get wins, and getting nothing from a guy, he shouldn't be starting. I think Iowa's offense is much better when a true PG is in whether it be Gesell or Clemmons.

If you start Clemmons and Marble then 8 minutes into the game and they both need breathers who do you have play the point? I think people make to much out of who starts this isn't football backups play almost as much the starters. May's played 27 and 30 minutes since Gessel injury those are starter minutes. I like May coming in with the 2's and not having to defer to Marble and White. With Ogelsby playing with them the defense will focus on those two and should create some 3 point looks for O.

All of you saying JO should start lets go with that for now. Do you think desevers 30 minutes a game? I dont! If he starts and misses 2 shoots he should be yanaked!

Fran is convinced that a shooter's confidence and touch show up if you play them decent minutes for over 29 games. Thank god we've made it to 29 games. JO should now be ready to light it up and convert the legendary practice shooting to game conditions.

I keep asking myself...can you imagine where this team would be if Gatens had one more year of eligibility? Honestly, we would be in the mix for the B10 championship and in the top 10. I know...if ifs and butts were candy and nuts, we'd all be enjoying March Madness.

Josh O stats 42-147 from the floor 33-127 for three. Josh also has the 4th most shots on the team. When you have a guy that is shooting .268 and .260 and taking that many shoots you are not going to win games period. So the people out there that think he is not hurting us are wrong the stats dont lie.

Josh O stats 42-147 from the floor 33-127 for three. Josh also has the 4th most shots on the team. When you have a guy that is shooting .268 and .260 and taking that many shoots you are not going to win games period. So the people out there that think he is not hurting us are wrong the stats dont lie.