Why is it that I don't stay logged in?

vaHawkeye

As reluctant as I am for my first posting on the site to be a technical one, I do wonder why I can be logged into the forum page but when I go out to the HawkeyeNation Home page I appear to be automatically logged out. I'd prefer to sign in once and be able to roam the entire site without having to log back in.

Love the site!!

Interesting, as I can leave the site and come back and am still logged in...check your cookie settings? Check the 'remember me' box when you sign in?

I have noticed that when I come back to the main page it says 'sign in" in the upper right corner, but once I click on it I am taken to the forums page and am signed in.

I have noticed that when I come back to the main page it says 'sign in" in the upper right corner, but once I click on it I am taken to the forums page and am signed in.

This man speaks the truth. I am in the forums, have no problems, it says I'm signed in. I click on the HawkeyeNation Home link on the toolbar and it says Sign-In the the upper right. If I then click on the Forums link from the toolbar, I'm back to being logged in.

I have been having difficulties staying logged in today. I'm at work, checking back every now and again, and each time I do I find that I have to log in again. Each time I login I check the 'remember me' box so that's not the issue. I am set up to receive cookies...anybody else having issues?

The only thing I did differently today that I don't usually do is delete my browsing history. I cleared everything out, but again, when I login here, I am checking the remember me box so I shouldn't be timing out. Or at least I don't think I should be...

I too have noticed just in the last few days if I minimize then come back to the window, I have to log back in. Never had to do that.

Not sure why this would be. If it's at work perhaps there has been a security change by your IT dept related to cookies. I have not experienced this on any of the five devices I use to acces the site as well as using numerous browsers

Latest posts