Why Iowa Fans Shouldn't Care about a CFB Playoff.....

I don't agree that Iowa shouldn't care about a playoff. Mostly because JD's argument is based on the premise that Iowa would have had a shot twice, and that's based on the premises that the polls are going to be heavily weighed in the new selection committee.

I think the coaches influence, and the coaches poll are gone. I think we start to see better non-conference games all over the country. I think the B1G champ is always a contender in the proposed new playoff, and eventually the expanded playoff. I think Iowa has a shot every now and again to be the B1G champ.

I could be wrong. We'll all know in another 1/2 decade or so.

I heard guys on espn today say that no one loses with this new format. I disagree, the rose bowl loses. If the rose bowl becomes a semi final game ( every other year) it will not be the rose bowl anymore. It's simply going to be another game.

People are so weirdly passionate about this debate that common sense becomes uncommon. This year for example, people always think their personal interest and entertainment is what matters. And then all of these people try to use these arguments to talk about what is fundamentally right for the sport. You see it all the time, people say, the national championship game 'rematch' doesn't interest me at all. So what! College sports are not about entertainment.

I think the playoff could be great, but for it to be accepted without criticism itself is wrong. And the "every other sport uses a tourny" argument is stupid.

I heard guys on espn today say that no one loses with this new format. I disagree, the rose bowl loses. If the rose bowl becomes a semi final game ( every other year) it will not be the rose bowl anymore. It's simply going to be another game.

People are so weirdly passionate about this debate that common sense becomes uncommon. This year for example, people always think their personal interest and entertainment is what matters. And then all of these people try to use these arguments to talk about what is fundamentally right for the sport. You see it all the time, people say, the national championship game 'rematch' doesn't interest me at all. So what! College sports are not about entertainment.

I think the playoff could be great, but for it to be accepted without criticism itself is wrong. And the "every other sport uses a tourny" argument is stupid.

Sorry but the Rose Bowl hasn't been the ROSE BOWL for years. Look I love the Rose Bowl and what it means to college football, the Big Ten, etc just as much as anybody else but that time has passed and the Rose Bowl was part of making that change.

To argue against a playoff is senseless.

Lets have 10 one loss teams at the end and let the media decide who is worthy of the BCS championship game.

Miller, you need to take off the goggles and forget Iowa in the Outback Bowl is a great season.

College sports are most certainly about entertainment.

Whether they should be or not is an issue that can be debated but there is no debating that they are entertainment.

Just think Miller...

You can schedule 4 playoff games with a 16 team playoff schedule and make the big bucks with your HN playoff packages!

You have one bowl game and now you would have 4 if Iowa got lucky.

If Iowa went undefeated and did not play for the NCG you would be ****** and call for a playoff....Just admit it, the truth will set you free

PCBHAWK 3:16

I'll leave this right here for those who refuse to open their eyes and see the inevitable...
Sharp: College football's playoff system will hurt Big Ten

I agree, a four team playoff is BS.

A 16 team playoff makes more sense...... Unless you are the founder and prez of HN.

Miller I am calling you out for your non logical stance.

I can't wait till Iowa is one of 10 one loss teams that can't be in the NCG.

No reply Miller?

I really do not see how this is going to hurt the B1G. College Football will always rule the Midwest and the TV ratings prove it. Granted the talent is mostly in the south but having a playoff will take nothing away from the sport in the midwest.

I would have been more willing to watch a NCG between Bama and LSU last year if they went through a playoff to get there

Latest posts