Why in the hell...

WinOneThisCentury

Would the committee put three Big Ten teams in the same side of a bracket. If I'm any of those B10 teams...i'd be pissed. You get beat up in the conference all year playing 20 B10 teams...you go to the B10 tournament for more physical play, then you finally get to a tournament where you can play other conferences and they put three B10 teams in the same half of the bracket so they have to play each other in March Madness.

If MSU wins and Maryland wins...I'm sure Izzo is going to be bitching even more than he is now. Aside from that, it's moronic for the committee to do that. It's the first time it's happened that two B10 teams met in the second round, right? All the other committees in previous years had it right...you don't do this.

The ACC has three #1 seeds...they aren't playing another ACC team in round two. Something is wrong.

Would the committee put three Big Ten teams in the same side of a bracket. If I'm any of those B10 teams...i'd be pissed. You get beat up in the conference all year playing 20 B10 teams...you go to the B10 tournament for more physical play, then you finally get to a tournament where you can play other conferences and they put three B10 teams in the same half of the bracket so they have to play each other in March Madness.

If MSU wins and Maryland wins...I'm sure Izzo is going to be bitching even more than he is now. Aside from that, it's moronic for the committee to do that. It's the first time it's happened that two B10 teams met in the second round, right? All the other committees in previous years had it right...you don't do this.

The ACC has three #1 seeds...they aren't playing another ACC team in round two. Something is wrong.

I honestly believe they wanted to avoid too many Big 10 teams advancing far.

How do you ensure the Big 10 drops from 7-1 to 8-2? Make them play each other.

And 3 seed Purdue gets “rewarded” with a game in Hartford against Villanova. Guess which NCAA site has the highest priced tickets? Hartford...thanks to Villanova fans.

No-brainer on that. B1G will always get the shaft any time any "committee" thinks it can do so.
The Big Ten is "flyover country" in America. It is that way on many levels. The Midwest isn't as amazing as the two coasts where the influential intelligentsia live.

I want to say it's the first time two teams fron ANY conference have met in the round of thirty two.

I think it comes back to something that several posters have hit on. The seeding is pretty much done by Saturday night and they don't want to re-seed to accommodate a conference that doesn't play it's championship game until late Sunday afternoon.

If anything Izzo should be pissed at his own conference commissioner, not at the selection committee. Maybe he could retire and replace Jim Delany. One thing for sure, the physical play in the conference would be a lot cleaner.

I thought 2 teams from the same conference couldn’t play each other until the sweet 16. This has probably been answered a million times already I just have not been paying attention.

I think we got STIFFED on our seed. Even JBo said that after the game. Not only did we get a 10-seed, but, instead of playing in DM (like another BIG 10-seed, Minnesota, they threw us over against an underseeded Cincy team, in their back yard.

Just like ESPN the committee is a bunch of ACC homers

I think we got STIFFED on our seed. Even JBo said that after the game. Not only did we get a 10-seed, but, instead of playing in DM (like another BIG 10-seed, Minnesota, they threw us over against an underseeded Cincy team, in their back yard.

Just like ESPN the committee is a bunch of ACC homers

We probably would have had to play the Spartans a third time

Minnesota only played them once in the regular season

And not in the BTT

West Brackets for NCAA 2020 Tournament...

Michigan vs Michigan State

Iowa vs Wisconsin

Purdue vs Maryland

Minnesota vs Maryland

Maybe Indiana vs ??