Why I Want the Insight Bowl

TecmoSuperHawk

It seems that our bowl destination is down to 2 options: Gator or Insight. While the Gator is a traditional January 1 bowl game, here is why I think the Insight is the best bowl for the Hawks.

1. The Insight Bowl will be the only game on at that time slot. Granted not the greatest time slot (9pm CT) but in my opinion better exposure than being 1 of 4 games being played at the same time on New Year's Day.

2. The Iowa fan base is not going to flock to Jacksonville like they normally do to Florida because of the disappointing finish to the season. With the Insight, the thousands of Arizona natives and snow birds would show up in full force and help us keep our travelling status.

3. A win over a mediocre Florida team in the Gator Bowl will do nothing to help erase the disappointment that many Iowa fans have right now. A win over a top 15 Missouri or Oklahoma State could do that.

So I hope we do get the Insight and maybe we can finally break that night game west of the Rockies jinx that is on us.

How exactly would Iowa beat OSU, or Missou?

It's amazing how short sighted Iowa fans have become in the last few weeks. This team is capable of beating anyone, which is evident by their demolition of an 11-1 Michigan State team and almost beating 11-1 Wisconsin and Ohio State.

They are also capable of losing to almost anyone. But one thing is for sure, Iowa will be in the game and have a chance to win. There is 3 straight years of evidence on that.

If you really think Iowa has no chance to beat a Mizzou or Ok State team then you don't pay attention to Iowa football.

It's amazing how short sighted Iowa fans have become in the last few weeks. This team is capable of beating anyone, which is evident by their demolition of an 11-1 Michigan State team and almost beating 11-1 Wisconsin and Ohio State.

They are also capable of losing to almost anyone. But one thing is for sure, Iowa will be in the game and have a chance to win. There is 3 straight years of evidence on that.

If you really think Iowa has no chance to beat a Mizzou or Ok State team then you don't pay attention to Iowa football.

A tale of two teams. Let's hope the first one shows up. :confused:

I would think the Gator bowl would have a more positive impact on recruiting because they don't recruit the West very much. Whoever they play will be a tough match-up. Iowa will need to bring their A game.

with the timeslot of the Insight who is going to even watch it? 10pm start in the east sucks.

Personally if we go to the Insight I might actually go, Gator = I'm out

If they play Floridai in Gator Im going if they play Nebraska in the Insight Ill be there. Other then that I could care less.

after the arizona loss, nobody, and i mean NOBODY ever wanted to play a game in the desert again, why the change in heart? because its not as hot, call me old fashioned but the insight.com bowl is not appealing to me, it took me a long time to start calling the citrus bowl that capital one bowl and the peach bowl the chik-fil-a bowl, something about that turns me off

with the timeslot of the Insight who is going to even watch it? 10pm start in the east sucks.

Personally if we go to the Insight I might actually go, Gator = I'm out

And a Tuesday night on top of it, it would be one thing if it was a 9pm CST start time on a Friday or Saturday, but on a Tuesday will kill ratings even more.

Didn't Minny play ISU in the Insight last year? Add that to the complete tools at the Arizona game and I'm willing to never go to Arizona again.

Unless we get healthy and up to speed at linebacker, Mizzou or Okie State will be tough. We struggle A LOT with spread teams, and those two are good at it. Okie State also has a legit running back in Kendall Hunter. Maybe we could beat them, but I wouldn't be betting on it if those were the matchups.

Michigan State and Ohio State don't compare to those two teams offensively (I don't mean that OK State and Mizzou are better, but they are very different schematically).

I'm hoping for the Gator. Mostly because I can go there. The Insight is too close to Christmas for me have time to drive down. I also think that a win over Florida carries more weight than one over Mizzou or Okie State, just because of the cache the Florida name has. Plus, I'm much more a fan of the SEC than the Big 12.

I win over Florida in the state of Florida would be a small recruiting victory in a year that was a nightmare for recruiting. The state of Florida will always be king for recruiting.

Why I want the Outback:
3151557532_4a395684dc.jpg

There is nothing like beer bongin' on the beach! Plus the huddle in tampa is unmatched!

after the arizona loss, nobody, and i mean NOBODY ever wanted to play a game in the desert again, why the change in heart? because its not as hot, call me old fashioned but the insight.com bowl is not appealing to me, it took me a long time to start calling the citrus bowl that capital one bowl and the peach bowl the chik-fil-a bowl, something about that turns me off

Nobody wants to see Iowa travel to the Pacific time zone again to play a night game. Still dont.

This is different, as you have at least a week to acclimate, and your opponent will also be from the central time zone

I think the only bowl that will have a decent Iowa following is Insight. Insight has upgraded this year. Outback is outstanding bowl, but I will prob not go this year. I might go to Insight for a change. 2008 fans were excited to be in Tampa. There is no enthusiasum this year. The only ones lessed enthused in Minny than Iowa fans were its players.

Latest posts