Why Friday?

There are 4 other games being televised while the Iowa game is on Friday so this is not an exclusive time slot. Sure it's more exposure than a Saturday game but who cares? It really makes little difference.

Iowa/NE are the only P5 teams playing in that time slot. The casual viewer is much more likely to turn on the Iowa game instead of NIU/WMU or Western Kentucky at Marshall.

This will be our only game of the year with national over-the-air coverage. Its a big deal.

Personally, I love the Friday game. It gives me a chance to attend the Hawkeye game in person, then have all of Saturday to enjoy other games on TV.

Personally, I love the Friday game. It gives me a chance to attend the Hawkeye game in person, then have all of Saturday to enjoy other games on TV.

I was going to say basically the same thing. Love the "Black Friday" Iowa/Nebby tradition. I hope it stays this way. Feels a bit more like a "holiday" game to me (yes, I know Black Friday is not a holiday) as opposed to watching them on a Saturday. Especially loved it last year the way Iowa totally punked them in Lincoln. More eyes on that particular game too then compared to a Saturday, which I feel can't really hurt recruiting, provided Iowa doesn't get beat 56-3 or something like that.

It's not a holiday. Banks are required by law to be open. Sure, your boss may give it to you as a token day off, but it is not a holiday.

If you think I said that it was a legal holiday you have major reading comprehension issues. If you actually moved on to 4th grade your 3rd grade teacher should get a punch in the mouth because even a mediocre 3rd grade student should understand what you apparently can't grasp.

With a win do we end the Pelini era?

Probably not, but love to see him squirm on the sideline....hey, maybe he'll take a swing at one of his players, or better yet, an official....Then that might be the end of him....Punk a$$ anyway....

Latest posts