Why Fran MUST remain silent

It sucks that this has to be a distraction in what has been a terrific basketball season.

Let’s hold off on calling this a “terrific season” until after March. One good win at home and an awful SOS non-conf does not equate to a terrific season. March is all that matters. Make noise in BTT (3-8 under Fran) and become the Cinderella in NCAA and then could be a terrific season.

It’s unfortunately teetering on yet another late season catastrophe though. That would be worst case scenario for this program and coach.

Let’s hold off on calling this a “terrific season” until after March. One good win at home and an awful SOS non-conf does not equate to a terrific season. March is all that matters. Make noise in BTT (3-8 under Fran) and become the Cinderella in NCAA and then could be a terrific season.

It’s unfortunately teetering on yet another late season catastrophe though. That would be worst case scenario for this program and coach.

3-8? I didn't realize Fran had THAT many wins in the BTT.

Feel free to hold off but not me, it’s akready exceeded my expectations.

But you fan however you want.

I think I am the only Iowa fan who loves that our coach is a competitive jerk who can be a shrewd asshole. I didn't have a problem with the Brian Ferentz thing, don't have a problem with this. A coach went and gave the refs a piece of his mind? Oh no what are we gonna do?

I think I am the only Iowa fan who loves that our coach is a competitive jerk who can be a shrewd asshole. I didn't have a problem with the Brian Ferentz thing, don't have a problem with this. A coach went and gave the refs a piece of his mind? Oh no what are we gonna do?
Nope I am right there with you, I'm glad to have a coach call bs when he sees it in the way that he does.

People need to be outraged. They just do. The Dolph deal 1 way or the other. Barta not talking. Fran getting a T - Fran losing a game. Fran yelling at a ref! WE MUST BE OUTRAGED. We must fire everyone. We must DEMAND things. We must demand firings. We must demand that this stop. LOOK! LOOK AT THAT. LOOK AT WHAT HE DID. I DEMAND SOMETHING

OUTRAGE!

it's exhausting from ALL sides.

People need to be outraged. They just do. The Dolph deal 1 way or the other. Barta not talking. Fran getting a T - Fran losing a game. Fran yelling at a ref! WE MUST BE OUTRAGED. We must fire everyone. We must DEMAND things. We must demand firings. We must demand that this stop. LOOK! LOOK AT THAT. LOOK AT WHAT HE DID. I DEMAND SOMETHING

OUTRAGE!

giphy.gif

OUTRAGE!

Totally agree. I said this last night. It’s just like our current political scene. Everyday it’s something new to cry wolf about then two weeks later everybody forgets about it and moves on to the next thing.

Fran made a stupid mistake he shouldn’t have now he serves his punishment. My guess is in a few weeks this will kind of blow over and people won’t really care that much.

The AD response was that they didn't have control of this and there was an email to Learfield.

It certainly appears it went directly to Fran.

Uh oh. This is the "perfect" gift for the media during a slow sports season. What will be worse?

1. New speculation about who it is from?
2. Evidence that Fran was directly involved?
3. The true identity of the email sender?

Uh oh. This is the "perfect" gift for the media during a slow sports season. What will be worse?

1. New speculation about who it is from?
2. Evidence that Fran was directly involved?
3. The true identity of the email sender?
Remember when certain people on HN lost their shit when I said Fran was involved in the decision process to suspend Dolph...

I believe that Fran has voiced his displeasure of Dolph to Barta. That said, as spineless as Barta is, he and Learfield sports are responsible for the suspension.

No doubt about it Fran has talked to Barta about Dolph. He more than likely even showed Barta the email if it was in fact sent to Fran. But I would be shocked if he led a charge to get Dolph fired over it.

Latest posts