Why does Iowa always get me on dramatic last second 3 pointers?

I think Gatens needs to sit and prove himself, no idea why he got the call here...

He is BY FAR the most consistent three point shooter. If you're talking about the drive where he got "blocked" .....it was there. A foul could have been, and probably should have been called.

Its just one loss, but it really was a game they coulda/shoulda won. I was a little frustrated that Gatens got the last two shots. He was on the bench for the previous 5+ minutes then he puts up a 3 and drives into the lane against a lengthy 7 footer.

The three was a set play out of the t.o. It was there and a good call, just didn't quite get in. Until McCaffery sees who is going to step up and be consistent the player rotations are going to look funny at times....it'll all shake out in a few more games.

Under the circumstances, it was still a throw - he was just unbelievably hot tonight - tonight, he makes that shot 8 out of 10 times...any other night, 1 out of 10.

Gatens was not fouled.

I'd have to see the replay again, but I thought I saw some wrist when they showed it again. But I guess refs aren't going to blow the whistle in that spot, not when you're the road team anyway.

Either way, it wouldn't hurt my feelings much to see Gatens never drive to the rim again unless he's got a clear path. He gets stuffed almost every time. He may as well be our spot-up 3 point shooter.

I don't think Gatens was fouled either. I don't know why he still hasn't learned to not fade at the rim and double clutch. He is doing nothing but giving the defender space to block his shot. I was always taught to take it through the defenders chest. Gatens does not do that for some reason. Also, I felt Marble was a better play down the stretch. He has good range and wasn't afraid to take it to the rim.

I would agree. Even if he was fouled he was not going to get that call going against a 7 footer who had already blocked at least 5 shots. Gatens game is not driving to the basket. Plain and simple.

True, but if the situation were reversed you know dang well Iowa would get called for a foul.

Latest posts