Why does Fran do that?

BigD

Jordan stands out there dribbling the ball until there are eight seconds on the clock. This takes pressure off of the opponent’s defense as they only have to play defense for eight seconds. Fran played right into Izzy’s hands as at the moment they had to run their play MSU locked down on the ball handler forcing a terrible shot. As there was not enough time on the clock to run a play.

Fran get a clue. You look inept and stupid as a coach when you do this. Run your normal offense with the intent to getting the ball to Cook. If they sag back and double team Cook have Jordan move to the open spot on the floor so Cook can pass back out to him for an open shot. “Basketball 101”.

More losses are going to come if Fran cannot get himself out of this funk he falls into during crunch time. After the game he even admitted that it was poor play selection that cost them the game at the end.

YA THINK???????

Last edited:
Would have liked to see Daley in there during the last 5 minutes. He was having a nice offensive game; 5 for 7 from the field 13 points. Fran went with Moss and I wonder what he was thinking there. Moss looked hesitant all game long. He had some wide open looks and was throwing ball fakes around when I think he should have been shooting it. I know Daley got in the last six seconds for a possible 3 pt. attempt and threw a bad pass that hurt. Overall, better effort from the Hawks with fewer defensive miscues. One last thought......1st Hawk game I have seen where opposing team has 3 straight dunks to open the game.

Especially when you don't have a break down type of guard, you cannot run the clock down and let them just make a play like many teams have the luxury of doing. Have to run your normal offense as OP said.

Jordan is not a break a guy down with his dribble guard, so I agree, him dribbling out top while the clock is running down does him and Iowa no good. He's no threat to drive and dish plus everyone else just stands around and watches him dribble. The offense is completely stagnant at that point, and easy for the other team to guard. Frustrating, but this is what they do - it's got to be Fran's decision, because it happens so often to not be a mistake by Jordan.

I was impressed when they came out of that time out and didn't even get a good look or shot. I mean at least run that baseline curl play to see if can get something.

Jordan stands out there dribbling the ball until there are eight seconds on the clock. This takes pressure off of the opponent’s defense as they only have to play defense for eight seconds. Fran played right into Izzy’s hands as at the moment they had to run their play MSU locked down on the ball handler forcing a terrible shot. ExUse there was t enough time on the clock to run a play.

Fran get a clue. You look inept and stupid as a coach when you do this. Run your normal offense with the intent to getting the ball to Cook. If they sag back and double team Cook have Jordan move to the open spot on the floor so Cook can pass back out to him for an open shot. “Basketball 101”.

More losses are going to come if Fran cannot get himself out of this funk he falls into during crunch time. After the game he even admitted that it was poor play selection that cost them the game at the end.

YA THINK???????
Buyout Barta runs a tight ship. He'll have this fixed in no time.;)

McCaffery loves to go with experience. I would of liked to see Dailey play more too. Michigan State notched their defense up late so they probably would of lost either way.

Latest posts