• Tradition

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Impact of beating #9 in the country

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Other

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said family to shut my brother-in-law the hell up. He never comes out and says State is gonna win, never says a word when Iowa wins, but loves to say things like "Iowa graduates students to get jobs, Iowa State graduates the people that hire them." I can't imagine how smug he would be if the cyclones win.
Some Iowa Grads get law degrees. Some ISU Athletes need lawyers. It actually makes sense.

I said family to shut my brother-in-law the hell up. He never comes out and says State is gonna win, never says a word when Iowa wins, but loves to say things like "Iowa graduates students to get jobs, Iowa State graduates the people that hire them." I can't imagine how smug he would be if the cyclones win.
And some in-laws were dropped on their heads a few times at childbirth. I have in-laws that love Nebraska. As Hawk fans, we're just surrounded by idiots.

I'm outnumbered by my in-laws. Two nephews, one niece-in-law, sister in law.
The only support I have is my wife's aunt and we're basically on Christmas/birthday card and the rare family event schedule. But that's really not a big deal after a day or two and all the texting stops. Fortunately, my wife is a Panther.

I want to win, because I don't want to lose. Ever. But, I can tolerate it when it happens with another Big10 opponent. Because, it's the Big 10. I like the Big 10. Except for OSU. But not much we generally can do about that, in terms of winning. It's great when we do. But it's few and far between.

I suppose the only comparison I can make is with Nebraska. And losing to them would suck only because we didn't beat them. Which is just soooo fun to do. Satisfying. But, if we lost...it's because we know they were better.

Unless we get curb stomped, you just never really can tell if ISU is actually better. Or were just playing for the proverbial Lombardi.

Latest posts