why do we have sokol?

Why do we have Sokol? Two words: Ken O'Keefe. Who could pass on a chance to play for an offense that has historically ranked around 55th in the country in scoring. That's a huge opportunity to be mediocre. You just don't pass that up.

all hes gonna be is a 2nd string qb behind jvb, and then Rudock. so why did we get a juco and only eligable for two yrs, when he'll only be backup?
JVB next yr, and Rudock (qb who wins iowa the big ten)

This might sound crazy but teams generally like to have more than 1 QB on the roster.

Maybe Rudock isn't Joe Montana Jr. like everyone here has convinced themselves that he is (the talk about Rudock sound an awful lot like the talk about JVB I heard here over the summer), and the coaches who see him play every day are worried about his development and want a back up plan in case he isn't ready after next year.

This
/thread

I have 2 concerns with Ruduck. 1. Have not seen him play on the Big10 field yet. 2. Until he gains 15 lbs, I don't want to see him on the Big10 field. I don't know if he is ready to take hits from 260-300 lb DL, and 230 lb blitzing LB's.

Drew Tate wasn't very big, Drew Brees wasn't very big. They both took Big10 hits and did quite well.

They wanted QB Philip Nelson in Minnesota but he chose the gophers last winter. We didn't push hard for him, and kill wanted him right away.

Is it at all possible that Maurice Fleming could compete for the QB job (4 star ATH)? Or has the staff told him he will either be a DB or WR?

Thanks for clearing that up, Flemings ESPN recruiting page still shows him as a primarily offensive player haha. They're a little behind i guess.

I also read somewhere that Iowa offered a dual threat qb for 2013. They were recruiting him as a WR and changed their strategy to have a shot at him

Maybe Rudock isn't Joe Montana Jr. like everyone here has convinced themselves that he is (the talk about Rudock sound an awful lot like the talk about JVB I heard here over the summer), and the coaches who see him play every day are worried about his development and want a back up plan in case he isn't ready after next year.

This + 1000

Ghost is bringing the heat lately.

Thanks for clearing that up, Flemings ESPN recruiting page still shows him as a primarily offensive player haha. They're a little behind i guess.

ESPN's recruiting coverage is to Scout and Rivals as a stale soggy pork rind is to fresh Pagliai's pizza.

(note to proles who can't afford Pagliai's: this means ESPN's coverage is 'really bad')

If he is a shotgun QB, he is screwed coming here. Poor guy!

wouldn't surprise me if Sokol ended up winning the job. but, from the brief tape i saw, isn't he coming in as a shotgun QB? might have some things to unlearn to get ready for the iowa system.

Latest posts