Why do people see this...

Tschroeder13

Our coaches are not really that bad. Can bad coaches get anwinning record consistently?

But just saying our recruiting classes of 2007-2008 were not very good and it's showing but 2009-2010 was good again so give it a year and you guys will be in love with ferentz again but still 100% hate KoK

That's all I gotta say on this I think

I hate to break this to you but......considering the players we lose....next year will be even worse.

Our coaches are not really that bad. Can bad coaches get anwinning record consistently?

But just saying our recruiting classes of 2007-2008 were not very good and it's showing but 2009-2010 was good again so give it a year and you guys will be in love with ferentz again but still 100% hate KoK

Actually, the '07 class was really good to us. Nielsen, Ballard, Bulaga, McNutt, Bernstine, Zus, Binns, Sandeman, Sash, Reisner, Gettis, and Daniels. It's the '08 and '09 classes that weren't very strong. '09 was top-heavy with Keenan, Wegher, and Cotton, and Wegher isn't even here anymore.

We will go up and down, next years schedule doesnt look too bad if we can just find some defensive lineman...

If people agree that we've had to put up a lot of points to win this year, just wait till next year.

yeah, could be scary, BUT.... JVB, coker, pretty strong O-line...if we can just find some d lineman, i'd go JUCO in a hurry, get three or four immediately...the best you can find

We will go up and down, next years schedule doesnt look too bad if we can just find some defensive lineman...

This year's schedule didn't look bad, either. And in all likelihood, we will have had a better d-line this year than we will have next year.

believe me, i know. i hope that JVB as a senior, coker, do we have rogers back?, CJFed, Derby's, a lot of the o-line, we just have to find some beef defensively.
Can we get like 5 JUCO d lineman?

This year's schedule didn't look bad, either. And in all likelihood, we will have had a better d-line this year than we will have next year.

Exactly ... THIS year's schedule was supposed to be favorable. Next year's defense could mirror the one we are seeing this year ...

they HAVE to get some more help or it will be the same or even worse. Can we get them all on a couple cycles? Hand them out like candy...

THE D-L has 8 players that are listed as FR, and appears to be planning on getting 4 more of which one is a confirmed 4* and another that is a 4* in Ekakitie, i think the D-line will be improved but young, we could have 4* Ekakitie at SDE, 4*Johnson at DT, depending upon the site 4* Cooper at DT and LTP at DE, at LB we have 4* Derby at MLB Morris and Kirksey are proven OLB, Hyde will anchor the DB spot Lowery at DB, 4* Law at safety Miller at safety, that make 5 four * players in the lineup, again it is a young lineup but will have the star power that we have not had

Wait OP, even if that is true...isn't it the coaching staff that recruits....I think.

Next year may be a repeat of this year;

Listed as Seniors; Prater, Mike Daniels, LeBron Daniel, Binns, Donatell, Forgy, Lowe, Nardo, Nielsen, Bernstine, Steinbrecher from the defense. This doesn't include Jr's who will not return for various reasons for their Sr year.

Gettis, Herman, McNutt, Orne, Zusevics, Audlehelm from the offense. Gettis, and Zusevics will be big losses from the OL.

Guthrie. P/Pk

THE D-L has 8 players that are listed as FR, and appears to be planning on getting 4 more of which one is a confirmed 4* and another that is a 4* in Ekakitie, i think the D-line will be improved but young, we could have 4* Ekakitie at SDE, 4*Johnson at DT, depending upon the site 4* Cooper at DT and LTP at DE, at LB we have 4* Derby at MLB Morris and Kirksey are proven OLB, Hyde will anchor the DB spot Lowery at DB, 4* Law at safety Miller at safety, that make 5 four * players in the lineup, again it is a young lineup but will have the star power that we have not had

The team overall is very young. There is a large gap from the freshman class to each successive class number wise. There is a lot of potential but the inexperiance gap is a killer at game time.

I think we have a couple olineman that will replace the seniors and we will be fine that way, Dline is where it is at for me...

Wait OP, even if that is true...isn't it the coaching staff that recruits....I think.

Yes, but it is the players that have to perform...this team and last year's team lacks the consistency needed to win. I see a lot of positives in the players that we have coming back and in the players that we have coming in for next year. I am not concerned as Ferentz has proven himself many times on being able to turn the tide...

Wow. Sure hope we miss our seniors dearly every year...or, I guess they would not have contributed much to the team. Most of what I have read/heard is that Iowa has some solid classes coming up, both offensively and defensively.
Next year: 8-4, maybe better.

There's a couple of the Fr OL that look like they might be 300 lb's or better next year. Would be nice to get some size for Coker to run behind.

Yes, but it is the players that have to perform...this team and last year's team lacks the consistency needed to win. I see a lot of positives in the players that we have coming back and in the players that we have coming in for next year. I am not concerned as Ferentz has proven himself many times on being able to turn the tide...

Ya know what they should do is hire someone to get them to perform. Id say if a person could do that, then they should pay this person 4-5 mil.

Ohhh and by turn the tide do you mean have a good year every third or forth season?

Van Sloten and Scherf will replace Zues and Gettis, Donnal a 4* O -line prospect is backing up Reiff, and i hope MacMillan is fully healthy as he bring something the other need, actually i hope Reiff returns to anchor this line,
Reiff at LT, MacMillan at LG, Ferentz at C, Sherf at RG and VanSloten at RT, will be a very solid O-LINE
the star power is growing a 4* RB in Coker, a 4* TE in CJ, a 4* WR in Davis, reserves 4* LT in Donnal, 4* LG in Walsh, 4* C in Blythe, 4* RT in Ward, and hopefully we get Kozan and Diamond, that will be quite the group of O-Linemen