Why do people care

The only reason I would like some respect shown by the national media would be because of what it might be able to do for recruiting. A little attention and "nice talk" about the team could help recruiting. I do have to admit that the commentators in the last couple of games have given Captain K some positive comments.

The commentators are sheep.

Their topic rankings if they were allowed to talk about them 24/7
#1 topic - Tebow
#2 topic - how godlike Alabama & Florida are / how godlike Florida & Alabama are
#3 topic - how the BigTen sucks
#4 topic - real football news, which includes the Hawks

Until we win a NC, we will always be considered a demigod...

If Iowa doesnt get respect from the national media? Dont you think the Captain uses this everyday when hes talking to these guys. I think this more of a motivation for the Hawks then it should be a slap in the face.

I think the main reason for this is cause Iowa is not a normal national power. We make a run every few year's so of course the media is going to think we shouldnt be here. I say who care's what the media says we know what we have. A very good but not flashy football team and I wouldnt want it any other way.

Colin Cowheard probably watches the game of the week and that's about it so he really gives a crap what he think's

I 100% agree with forty5. Not only do I not care what the national media thinks of the Hawks, I like that we continue to be second guessed by the talking heads like Cowherd. If Iowa wins out I believe everything will take care of itself. I don't see Texas going undefeated....they look very average to me and the FL vs Bama situation will resolve itself.

My biggest concern are the Hawks getting too much good press and losing that "chip on the shoulder" that I firmly believe motivates this team to perform at a high level week in and week out.

Latest posts