Why do I do this to myself?

1977Hawkeye

15 years since Tom Davis was shown the door... Alford, Lick, Fran... Various degrees of mediocre. Wasting my life a couple hours at a time. Honestly not sure why I bother anymore. Hope is the only thing that's kept me around this long, and that is fading too..

Never thought I'd say this, but I can't take this torture anymore.

15 years since Tom Davis was shown the door... Alford, Lick, Fran... Various degrees of mediocre. Wasting my life a couple hours at a time. Honestly not sure why I bother anymore. Hope is the only thing that's kept me around this long, and that is fading too..

Never thought I'd say this, but I can't take this torture anymore.

You're not alone, 77. Trust me, you're not alone.

Win or lose I'll always support the hawkeyes!!!

I'm not saying you shouldn't, that's your right.

I grew up a Hawk fan, been watching them for 30 years, which is nearly ALL of my life. But there doesn't seem to be much point these days. Time for me to become more of a fair weather fan I guess, for health and sanity's sake. There are more important things in life. The UofI's athletic program really has some work to do in order to win me back.

I'm not saying you shouldn't, that's your right.

I grew up a Hawk fan, been watching them for 30 years, which is nearly ALL of my life. But there doesn't seem to be much point these days. Time for me to become more of a fair weather fan I guess, for health and sanity's sake. There are more important things in life. The UofI's athletic program really has some work to do in order to win me back.

I know it looks ugly right now but it's same thing after ever hawk loss... It wasn't Texas southern like what MSU lost to Uni is good team but at same time I understand why most fans feed up with hawkeyes bad offense

Bc you are a Hawk fan. It's the nature of the beast. More often than not you will be disappointed with the results in one way or another when it's all said and done.

I know it looks ugly right now but it's same thing after ever hawk loss... It wasn't Texas southern like what MSU lost to Uni is good team but at same time I understand why most fans feed up with hawkeyes bad offense

I get what you're saying but that doesn't really help Iowa's situation.. MSU has been in, what, 18 straight NCAA Tournaments and how many Final Fours? So they're clearly having an off year. During that stretch, what has Iowa basketball been? Sweet 16 in 1999, which was great, but since then... Goodness.

What I'm saying: Give me some realistic reason think things are about to change for us.

Fran did a good job of pulling the program out of the gutter that Lick left, but still, the program hasn't won an NCAA game since '01. That was 13 years ago. Wow, has it really been that long?

Besides, Iowa is 1-4 against good teams this year. Not really a comforting stat.

Sadly, I saved myself some discomfort by DVRing the game and skipping through it in about 20 minutes. Kept thinking... "Hmm, something tells me I've seen this movie before."

Latest posts