Why did they stop and review clock after weiskamp 3 pointer?

StickUP

Does the clock always stop after a made basket? Did Rutgers call timeout? I thought they used their last one before their made 3 pointer.

Seems like the rules for reviews are being made up on the fly regarding reviewing plays (i.e. clock, hook and hold, intentional fouls, flagrants). I guess a coach can just ask for it at any time?

Clock always stops under 1 min remaining and in over time after a made basket. Has for a long while now.

1993-1994
The game clock will be stopped with successful baskets in the last minute of each half and in the last minute of overtime, with no substitution permitted.

I just hate that they let teams go to their benches to draw up plays during those end of game reviews. Sure it may have helped Iowa vs Northwestern, but I still don't agree with it.
As long as the rule is equal for both teams I'm fine with it.

I'd rather see teams running a well-executed (and more exciting) play at the end of the game rather than a clusterfuck with zero chance for success.

Also, I realize that the tables could just as easily have turned against us in the same situation, but we lose the NW game if we don't get that timeout after the kicked ball.

They had to make sure how much time should have been remaining after the made basket. By rule, if there is less than .3 seconds left, a player doesn't have time to shoot the ball and is only allowed to score on a tip in.

As long as the rule is equal for both teams I'm fine with it.

I'd rather see teams running a well-executed (and more exciting) play at the end of the game rather than a clusterfuck with zero chance for success.

Also, I realize that the tables could just as easily have turned against us in the same situation, but we lose the NW game if we don't get that timeout after the kicked ball.

Jay Bilas went on a long rant about it the other night and it got stuck in my head. There's a lot of fluff in college bball that really slows down the game. Why do they need 5 minutes to foul a kid out? Why do they need tv timeouts every 4 minutes?

Does the clock always stop after a made basket? Did Rutgers call timeout? I thought they used their last one before their made 3 pointer.

Seems like the rules for reviews are being made up on the fly regarding reviewing plays (i.e. clock, hook and hold, intentional fouls, flagrants). I guess a coach can just ask for it at any time?

It's a interesting to me how some on this site are so out of touch with the clock and the rules. :eek::eek::eek: Especially the clock stoppage after a made baskets at end of the game and in OT, this has been in place actually for a while now.

Latest posts