Why did OSU's T. Gibson enter the draft as a Jr?

I was a little surprised at his decision as well. Contrary to popular belief, Thaddeus, Buckeyes don't get picked in the first round just because they're Buckeyes. You have to be a good enough player, too.

be careful, or that fosu tool furfed will emerge out of his hole to tell you how wrong you are

He went in the 4th round, pick 116.
Did he have grade point issues?

I'm still a little surprised that 4 Hawkeye's went in the draft b-4 any Buck's were picked up?? I do realize they had a down draft year but still says how much Iowa football has come in the past decade.

Last edited:
The knock on Gibson was that he was considered a "tweener." If he had better size, to go along with his speed, then he would have been an earlier round pick.

As for why he left as a JR ... he still likely wouldn't have been able to shake the label as a "tweener." So his choices were this ... leave now and see if he could land a nice contract that is not subject to the rookie cap versus entering a year later at the same spot but likely subject to the rookie cap.

I think Donovan Warren for Michigan did the same thing as Snead...left early as an underclassmen only to not get drafted.

I think Donovan Warren for Michigan did the same thing as Snead...left early as an underclassmen only to not get drafted.

That one really surprised me. He was rated ahead of Spievey by a lot of the experts, and I was pretty impressed with him all year. I thought he definitely had an argument for being the Big Ten's best corner last year.

The knock on Gibson was that he was considered a "tweener." If he had better size, to go along with his speed, then he would have been an earlier round pick.

As for why he left as a JR ... he still likely wouldn't have been able to shake the label as a "tweener." So his choices were this ... leave now and see if he could land a nice contract that is not subject to the rookie cap versus entering a year later at the same spot but likely subject to the rookie cap.
that's basically dead on. He wasn't going to improve his stock coming back and he was ready to be done with college life.

Latest posts