Why did Ferentz lie?

Here is Kirk's quote from Rob Howe: "Not totally surprising," Ferentz said of the on-side kick. "I didn't think it was a situation we throw our hands team out there. It was a great call on their part and the execution was outstanding. Excellent call by Coach Kill."

Ferentz is talking out of both sides of his mouth. In his post game interview in the press room (as shown on the BTN), he said he had the hands team out there. Covering up his sorry coaching.

The OP is out of line calling anyone a liar, first and foremost. Second, the score was less than one touchdown, not two or three and there was a lot of time left on the clock. There are not many coaches that would call an onside kick, let alone expect one at that time in the game. How many of you were sitting there screaming at the TV, 'They are going to kick an onside kick, get ready guys, here it comes...' I am willing to bet that not one of you can honestly say that you were doing anything close.

Minny was not lined up like they were going to onside kick, they just executed it. The kicker is, when you are not expecting it, once the kicker's foot makes contact with the ball, the front line starts dropping back. Minny sent two guys on White, the closest to the ball, and two after the ball. The rest was like a dagger in the groin for fans and as we saw for the defense/team. The play was executed to perfection.

Movin' on...

Ferentz is talking out of both sides of his mouth. In his post game interview in the press room (as shown on the BTN), he said he had the hands team out there. Covering up his sorry coaching.

I saw the post game interview... He did NOT say he had the hands team out there he said exactly what Howe posted.

I don't know if you recall but Marvin Mcnutt is on the hands team (see northwestern when he caught two onsides kicks)

That wasnt the hands team

Here is Kirk's quote from Rob Howe: "Not totally surprising," Ferentz said of the on-side kick. "I didn't think it was a situation we throw our hands team out there. It was a great call on their part and the execution was outstanding. Excellent call by Coach Kill."

Wow! That is weak.

Latest posts