Why Bernstine?

Stogy

Why is Bernstine returning kick-offs? I understand he's a replacement, but can't we find someone else who's faster and can hit the holes. I keep seeing a guy who is very timid when he gets around tacklers, doesn't have great speed, doesn't hit the holes, and is taking a chance getting hurt. Some young receivers, maybe...

Why is Bernstine returning kick-offs? I understand he's a replacement, but can't we find someone else who's faster and can hit the holes. I keep seeing a guy who is very timid when he gets around tacklers, doesn't have great speed, doesn't hit the holes, and is taking a chance getting hurt. Some young receivers, maybe...

Bernstine is one of the faster players on the team. He's been the best KOR guy this year, so far.

Bernstine is the best athlete on the team from everything I've heard.

He's set all kind of physical test records including vertical leap.

yeah, bernstine is not a problem. so, so many other things going on, this is the least of our concerns.

I like his play, just don't understand why he lines up 15 yards deep on 3rd and 5. We are playing 11 on 10 every time he does it. Sure he comes up and makes the tackle... two yards beyond the 1st down marker...

And then I watch our O run a 3rd and 5 and we run 4 yard routes and get tackled immediately (fundamentally sound I might add).

Great for Vandenberg's QB rating, but also great at putting our **** poor and tired D back on the field.

Unless I'm mistaken, Bernstine is viewed by the players as the fastest guy on the team. I'm pretty sure I read that this season. Maybe from Coker??

I agree with you! As fast as Bernstine is supposed to be, he doesn't seem to demonstrate that or elusiveness on Kickoff Returns!

You clearly haven't been watching the games. Prior to yesterday's game, he was in the top 20 nationally in KOR average. And yesterday, most of the kicks were short and high, giving the coverage team plenty of time to get down there. It was more like fielding punts than kickoffs.

I'm willing to listen to the "taking a chance getting hurt" argument, but the idea that Berstine is not a good kick returner leads me to believe you probably haven't seen all the games this year.

Bernstine's play, including on KO returns, is about Item No. 1000 on things this team needs to work on this year.

Here's the numbers. Before yesterday he had 16 returns for 425 yards which is about 27 yards a return with a long of 64 yards. Given an average kickoff the starting position is probably between 30-35 yardline. Someone explain to me how this is bad I must not be watching the same games?

It's threads like this that's why I typically avoid this site like the plague after a loss. There are a number of things to ***** about and be perfectly justified. Jordan Bernstine isn't one of them, whether that be on returns or defense.

On the list of pleasant surprises this season, Bernstine is sitting at #1 IMO.

It's threads like this that's why I typically avoid this site like the plague after a loss. There are a number of things to ***** about and be perfectly justified. Jordan Bernstine isn't one of them, whether that be on returns or defense.

On the list of pleasant surprises this season, Bernstine is sitting at #1 IMO.

Exactly. We all have our own opinions and I hate to bag on somebody's viewpoint just because it is different than my own but this kind of stuff is laughable.

Bernstine has done what very few Iowa players have done over the last two seasons: Step up as a SR and play their best football.

It's threads like this that's why I typically avoid this site like the plague after a loss. There are a number of things to ***** about and be perfectly justified. Jordan Bernstine isn't one of them, whether that be on returns or defense. On the list of pleasant surprises this season, Bernstine is sitting at #1 IMO.
Imo he is the only one consistantly doing his job.

Latest posts