Who's the player of the game?

99topdawg

I can't really put my finger on it right now. Epenesa? Ojemudia?

Really didn't watch the guys up front, but AJ seemed to get his name called a lot, but that doesn't always mean everything in the trenches.

I don’t know that I can single a guy out on the D.

The tackling was tremendous. AJ’s play was good. Hesse and Nelson both had sacks too I believe. As another said, Hooker and Colbert played well.

Gotta just give it to the D as a unit.

AJE just wears out lineman. He would be my pick for today. When you get a team on the ropes, he throws the knockout punch.

Ojemudia is a very fine tackler from the CB position. Follows king and Jackson well.

Colbert. Best linebacker on the team, and guess what? When Welch comes back we probably won't see him again.

Colbert. Best linebacker on the team, and guess what? When Welch comes back we probably won't see him again.

I'd have to rewatch the game...but Colbert appeared to have a great day. He gives that LB crew some serious athleticism and he was aggressive. If I were a betting man...Welch may move inside. It didn't take Phil long to see Amani needed more time...he will evaluate it correctly.

Rastetter, anyone? I also thought our punting game was outstanding today, even though no one has ripped on him/it more in the off-season than me.

yeah this was my call as well. Field position was clearly the difference in a game dominated by defenses. Iowa got more cracks with shorter fields even though the 1 touchdown today was on an 83 yard drive. Bouncing a couple out at the 9 and what the 14 or whatever. He was on point today. Field position changed too what isu wanted to do if you heard campbell after the game.

yeah this was my call as well. Field position was clearly the difference in a game dominated by defenses. Iowa got more cracks with shorter fields even though the 1 touchdown today was on an 83 yard drive. Bouncing a couple out at the 9 and what the 14 or whatever. He was on point today. Field position changed too what isu wanted to do if you heard campbell after the game.
Yep. ISU drove the length of the field against Iowa on the first drive on 13 plays and went 66 yards. After they got the FG, I said to my wife, "Let's see how many times they can put together long scoring drives against our defense". Apparently one.

Rastetter, anyone? I also thought our punting game was outstanding today, even though no one has ripped on him/it more in the off-season than me.

Yeah, his punting now makes the Stanley quick-kicks look stupid. Last year I was calling for quick-kicks any time we had a chance to flip the field with it!

Latest posts