Who's really drinking too much Hawkeye Koolaid?

BirdsOfPrey

The Hawks came into this season with no = 0 linebackers and no safety. A huge hole in our defense. The style of defense Iowa plays relies on strong linebacker and safety play, they are keys. On offense we had bodies at running back, but really only a solid fullback playing out of position and a few inexperienced undersized guys. No Big Ten quality durable big fast running back able to exploit our zone blocking scheme. One experienced receiver in Manley who won't play a down in the NFL. Easy schedule or not, how did anyone expect great things from this team given the current roster?? Blame the coaches for not having the roster stocked with Big Ten players, but a disappointing horrible season?? Who's drinking the real koolaide?? We had an NFL 1st rounder anchoring the offensive line, but he got hurt right away, had surgery and was never the same all year. Looked to me like Big Carl saw that, said whoa, I don't have no insurance policy and didn't start playing until these last couple games. A starting linebacker out getting drunk mid-season. A few guys with injuries/personal problems and the team bad *** spokesman, senior MLB Alston leading but not doing his job. Too many missing pieces to be consistent and win tough games, but enough talent that you could see how the Hawks could have won nearly every game. The new coaches need to step it up and recruit better, Davis' spastic play calling needs to retire and our great Jake/horrible Jake QB needs to decide whether he wants to play QB or become a doctor because obviously doing both isn't working and he's standing in the way of a upcoming QB who's more focused. That's how I see it. The real Koolaide slurpers are the unrealistic fanatics. Same old stuff, so predictible....just like KF.

Wisconsin won replacing their full front seven. It is very disappointing that Iowa can't at least find 22 guys in four years to fill every starting position with a Big Ten caliber guy. I predicted 7 - 5 this year. I thought that would be a disaster of a season, but I thought this would be a disaster of a season. It was. I'm tired of it, and I've been tired for the better part of a decade.

You are right, we are just little ole Iowa. We shouldn't be able to replace a few people and expect anymore than 7-5 no matter how easy the schedule is. I mean Iowa State and Maryland (with it's 3rd string QB for a lot of the game) are just too powerful for us to compete with year in and year out. And we are lucky that schools like Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Nebraska would grace us with their presence on the football field. We could never get a coach to be on the same level of those programs on a consistent basis. We are just Iowa, which means we have to settle for mediocrity. We have to pay a coach $4 million a year just to win 7 games.

We should just bend over and take our 7-5 right up the *** and not ask or expect anything more. That's what real winners do.

Where can I buy this Hawkeye Kool-Aid? Does Kirk Ferentz crash through a brick wall when I feel thirsty? Is it exclusive to the Hawk Shop?

The Hawks came into this season with no = 0 linebackers and no safety. A huge hole in our defense. The style of defense Iowa plays relies on strong linebacker and safety play, they are keys. On offense we had bodies at running back, but really only a solid fullback playing out of position and a few inexperienced undersized guys. No Big Ten quality durable big fast running back able to exploit our zone blocking scheme. One experienced receiver in Manley who won't play a down in the NFL. Easy schedule or not, how did anyone expect great things from this team given the current roster?? Blame the coaches for not having the roster stocked with Big Ten players, but a disappointing horrible season?? Who's drinking the real koolaide?? We had an NFL 1st rounder anchoring the offensive line, but he got hurt right away, had surgery and was never the same all year. Looked to me like Big Carl saw that, said whoa, I don't have no insurance policy and didn't start playing until these last couple games. A starting linebacker out getting drunk mid-season. A few guys with injuries/personal problems and the team bad *** spokesman, senior MLB Alston leading but not doing his job. Too many missing pieces to be consistent and win tough games, but enough talent that you could see how the Hawks could have won nearly every game. The new coaches need to step it up and recruit better, Davis' spastic play calling needs to retire and our great Jake/horrible Jake QB needs to decide whether he wants to play QB or become a doctor because obviously doing both isn't working and he's standing in the way of a upcoming QB who's more focused. That's how I see it. The real Koolaide slurpers are the unrealistic fanatics. Same old stuff, so predictible....just like KF.

Yeah! And remember that one time it rained and then another time it was windy.
You guys need to lay off our millionaire fat cat and accept that rain, humidity, slight breezes, too bright of sunshine, too noisy of kinnick crowds all factor in to why we should never be expected to win a game ever. oh yeah, opponents too-they also kick our butts. A then the 70's...

So yeah, if we go 0-12 next year you should recognize that we were up against insurmountable odds from the get-go and get off the kool-aid. Every win should be cherrished and an additional year +1,000,000$ given to Kirk (fatcat)Ferentz.

Wisconsin won replacing their full front seven. It is very disappointing that Iowa can't at least find 22 guys in four years to fill every starting position with a Big Ten caliber guy. I predicted 7 - 5 this year. I thought that would be a disaster of a season, but I thought this would be a disaster of a season. It was. I'm tired of it, and I've been tired for the better part of a decade.

Are you going to cry now?

Save your mediocrity spew and poor Iowa crap....wah wah. A simple analysis of the team we're stuck with and realistic expectations. I don't like it, losing usually ruins my Saturday, but I can't say I expected a glorious season given the situation. The last couple times we lost all our linebackers, Iowa struggled the following season even though expectations were high. Go watch the Rose Bowl game a couple times. Iowa won't cheat. Iowa is a small market team. Dream all you want. Maybe Kirk will put together another great team, maybe he won't, but he'll be our coach for the near future. Why obsess over things you can't control. That's reality. Support the kids that represent our team they deserve that, then go back to your work & family. Even the best football schools struggle, Iowa will be back.

See here is where you missed the boat OP. Iowa was basing the success of the season on an EXPERIENCED RETURNING Offense with additional weapons that were ready to contribute.. Anyone who has any football knowledge knew there was a huge ?? on the Defensive side of the ball. The interesting thing is for the most part the Defense IMO outperformed itself. In the end and once again the Offense didn't hold up to it's end of the bargain..

I'm not on the dream boat chief. Defense wins football games and we had massive holes and noone to plug them. The Hawks style of play for the last 15 years suggests we win when we have a solid defensive unit. Offense is great until the wind howls at 40mph, its freezing cold, pouring rain or snowing. Iowa plays football in the fall in the midwest.

Woo-hoo! B.o.P and Davey say it's ok to be average. Good thing cuz an average 7-5 is exactly what I predicted this team to be -- partially because of the D, mostly because of the style of play (that has zippo to do with fall in the midwest) that continues to be a clinic in bad football strategy and personnel mismanagment.

That makes me super-dee-dooper smart, grounded in reality AND a winner! (But you all knew that, already, eh?)

Can the students use some of that money for the cancer that currently resides at the helm of the football program?

I'm not on the dream boat chief. Defense wins football games and we had massive holes and noone to plug them. The Hawks style of play for the last 15 years suggests we win when we have a solid defensive unit. Offense is great until the wind howls at 40mph, its freezing cold, pouring rain or snowing. Iowa plays football in the fall in the midwest.

So does Wisconsin. As someone else stated, they replaced their entire front 7. Their recruiting is typically below ours (minus last year and this year currently), so why are they able to constantly compete and win Big10 titles and go to Rose Bowls? I think it has more to do with the fact they beat the crap out of the teams they're supposed to. They play to win, not play to avoid mistakes.

The wind wasn't howling at 40mph against ISU, and we managed only 17 points.

Hell even MN appears to have passed us by in terms of talent and coaching.

Latest posts