Whom Will McCaffery Hire?

Under NCAA rules, graduate assistants are paid an amount equal to a school's full in-state grant-in-aid. In addition, the G.A.s must be full-time students in graduate school.

As for coaching duties, graduate assistants can be like full-time coaches, but they are not permitted to contact or evaluate recruits off campus. G.A.s can phone prospects, though.

Individuals may serve as a graduate assistant coach for a period of not more than two years except that if the individual successfully completes 24-semester hours during the initial two-year period, the individual may serve as a graduate assistant coach for a third year.

Under NCAA rules, graduate assistants are paid an amount equal to a school's full in-state grant-in-aid. In addition, the G.A.s must be full-time students in graduate school.

As for coaching duties, graduate assistants can be like full-time coaches, but they are not permitted to contact or evaluate recruits off campus. G.A.s can phone prospects, though.

Individuals may serve as a graduate assistant coach for a period of not more than two years except that if the individual successfully completes 24-semester hours during the initial two-year period, the individual may serve as a graduate assistant coach for a third year.
Based off this horner has no chance of being a GA unless he goes back to school.

Horner most certainly has a chance

He graduated from Iowa and has formally applied for the job.

This is not necessarily an endorsement for Horner as 3rd asst, but I certainly could see him as a graduate assistant.

Duez Henderson was also planning on applying. Not sure if he has or not, but that's what I heard.

Greg Stokes also seems interested in the job.

I thought I had read Rodell Davis and Kenyon Murray were not interested, but certainly could be wrong about that.

Re: Horner most certainly has a chance

He graduated from Iowa and has formally applied for the job.

This is not necessarily an endorsement for Horner as 3rd asst, but I certainly could see him as a graduate assistant.

Duez Henderson was also planning on applying. Not sure if he has or not, but that's what I heard.

Greg Stokes also seems interested in the job.

I thought I had read Rodell Davis and Kenyon Murray were not interested, but certainly could be wrong about that.

Yeah, Kenyon said he was not interested in coaching, but I haven't read anything on Rodell.

Thanks Jon! Good info. I did a double take during the Duke/West Virginia game....three rows back or so on the West Virginia side was the Iowa sports info. director(Haddy) and (I think) MCCaffery sitting there watching the game! Nice seats, guys!

Whom is the object of that sentence, regardless of its position in the sentence.

"Whom will McCaffrey hire?" is no different than "McCaffrey will hire whom?" McCaffrey is still the subject of the sentence. He is doing the hiring, performing the verb. "Whom," whether placed first or last, is still the object, as "whom" is being hired.

An example where "who" is the subject would be "Who will hire assitant coaches?"

Accelerated freshman Rhetoric, stand up.

Latest posts