Who'll ask Kirk about fake injuries or Franklin's criticism of Iowa fans or coaches?

tweeterhawk

The presser is tomorrow (Tuesday.) Will any of Iowa's vaunted sports scribes ask Kirk about Penn State Nittany Lie-ins suffering opportune injuries after big Iowa plays, about their unctuous coach calling out Iowa fans for booing or LeVar Woods falling down along the sideline mocking the tactic?

hope they ask just to hear Kirk's response, see if he does coach speak or says something sincere.

To be honest, in the coach's seat, I'd give it a non answer and make it obvious there was no more info forthcoming.

It's a cliche, but it's on to Purdue with 100% focus. Maybe there is private exchange with league officiating regarding our concerns and perhaps a quick talk with Coach Woods about on field behavior, but those are both low priority background threads.

I'm not making a peep publicly. No way. All that's going to do is fan the flames and give PSU more bulletin board fodder and create distraction for the team. Distraction is the enemy, any place I can head it off as a coach, I will do so with extreme prejudice.

If the fans want to snipe at each other on Twitter, let them knock themselves out. Behind closed doors we've had our chat or email with officiating or whatever, but the public will never hear a peep about it from my mouth as coach.

To be honest, in the coach's seat, I'd give it a non answer and make it obvious there was no more info forthcoming.

It's a cliche, but it's on to Purdue with 100% focus. Maybe there is private exchange with league officiating regarding our concerns and perhaps a quick talk with Coach Woods about on field behavior, but those are both low priority background threads.

I'm not making a peep publicly. No way. All that's going to do is fan the flames and give PSU more bulletin board fodder and create distraction for the team. Distraction is the enemy, any place I can head it off as a coach, I will do so with extreme prejudice.

If the fans want to snipe at each other on Twitter, let them knock themselves out. Behind closed doors we've had our chat or email with officiating or whatever, but the public will never hear a peep about it from my mouth as coach.
That's most likely what will happen. Dismiss it in the presser and move onto the next opponent.

The Captain is way too experienced and savvy to fall into that crap. He will side step that like T Good in traffic. 2 in the country and things looking good Captain is focused on Purdue and nothing else. He is preaching discipline, focus, and coaching up the troops you are now the hunted. Keep your head down and have each other's back and grind it out Saturday with Purdue.

The Captain is way too experienced and savvy to fall into that crap. He will side step that like T Good in traffic. 2 in the country and things looking good Captain is focused on Purdue and nothing else. He is preaching discipline, focus, and coaching up the troops you are now the hunted. Keep your head down and have each other's back and grind it out Saturday with Purdue.

Also The Captain is Too Classy

He is unless he really doesn't like the other coach. Then he will drop a solid but subtle burn.
Maybe he would do that on any other occasion, but not now. Captain is way too experienced to fall into a distraction. I don't care what he is asked at the presser......if he doesn't cut thru the crap and focus on the game ahead I will be shocked. He's got the team at #2, riding a winning streak, and in the conversation for playoff. I frickin guarantee you he could care less about a game that we won 23 20. It better be full steam ahead baby for the game in front of you. That's why he's paid millions baby and not us. Take it to the bank.

Maybe he would do that on any other occasion, but not now. Captain is way too experienced to fall into a distraction. I don't care what he is asked at the presser......if he doesn't cut thru the crap and focus on the game ahead I will be shocked. He's got the team at #2, riding a winning streak, and in the conversation for playoff. I frickin guarantee you he could care less about a game that we won 23 20. It better be full steam ahead baby for the game in front of you. That's why he's paid millions baby and not us. Take it to the bank.
Yes, that extra year since last year's timeoutgate has done wonders for his experience level.