Who would want to see Iowa play Notre Dame?

BergHawk7

With Michigan taking a break from their series with ND in 2018 and 2019 seasons, should Iowa make a move to put The Irish on their schedual regardless of how each team is by then? And if ND is not in the Big 12 still. Mich St. Is also taking a break from them in 2021-2022, and 2025-2026.

Would you want to see and Iowa ND series? iowa hasnt played them since the 50s and 60s right?

No, in fact I think all the BIG teams should avoid scheduling them. If they want to play they can conference up. I think once you see the PAC/BIG games start in 2017 and the existing BIG/ND contracts expire you're going to see teams less likely to schedule ND.

I'm hoping that by saying" depending on how the teams are doing" that you mean if ND is still down. If we want respect we need to play the best.

With the addition of Nebraska to the league, and Wisconsin and Mich State becoming better teams, I am far less interested in playing Notre Dame.

In todays world of college football Notre Dame has the same degree of relevancy as Northwestern. No thanks.

NO WAY! ND is my #2 team, it would be so hard to watch. I never want to see ND in the B1G just so I don't have to witness this.

No, in fact I think all the BIG teams should avoid scheduling them. If they want to play they can conference up. I think once you see the PAC/BIG games start in 2017 and the existing BIG/ND contracts expire you're going to see teams less likely to schedule ND.

I agree with teh eye of hog on this one. The B1G teams on ND's schedule (esp UM and MSU) have given ND what amounts to free SoS for a looonnng time now. What do UM and MSU get in return, other than some imaginary nonsense about tradition?
Screw ND. Let 'em flounder out in the wasteland of being "independent" and playing service academies and ACC nobodies.

I would like to see it. National exposure isn't a bad thing if you can beat them.

Also, beating ND would help with visibility in Chicago. Plus, there's history.

I don't think Iowa v. ND is going to be a deal breaker in terms of conference realignment. :)

Latest posts