Who would be your coaching choice, if it happens?

Saginawbay

My top two candidates would be Bret Bielema and Jim Tressel.

Of the two Tressel, would be easier to get as he is out of coaching. We can afford buy out, and we can afford to pay Tressel 4-5 million per year. He is a a coach that brings instant excitement, and credibility to the program, with recruits and with the fan base. He has a Big Ten back ground, and I am sure he is ready too get back into coaching.

Kirk Ferentz has been a solid coach, and tremendous representative of the University of Iowa, but let's not ride it into the ground like we did coach Fry, let's get together, and buy out Coach Ferentz, and bring in Coach Tressel.

University of Iowa go get coach Tressel!!!

Go Hawks!!

Joe Philbin hands down if that is a possibility. After that I say Bret Belima. There is some cat from Colorado State that is intriguing but I'd start with Joe and or Bret.

First Choice would be Bielema. He is getting the Arkansas program turned around and he has a brand of football that would be a perfect fit for Iowa and the types of layers we have and recruit.
Second Choice would be Bob Stoops. I do believe it would take a couple of years for him to get his type of players.

Tressel is the turd in the punch bowl.

Bielema..plays iowa football the way I wish iowa would. Even when arkansas lost to alabama and miss state this year, they were competitive.

My top two candidates would be Bret Bielema and Jim Tressel.

Of the two Tressel, would be easier to get as he is out of coaching. We can afford buy out, and we can afford to pay Tressel 4-5 million per year. He is a a coach that brings instant excitement, and credibility to the program, with recruits and with the fan base. He has a Big Ten back ground, and I am sure he is ready too get back into coaching.

Kirk Ferentz has been a solid coach, and tremendous representative of the University of Iowa, but let's not ride it into the ground like we did coach Fry, let's get together, and buy out Coach Ferentz, and bring in Coach Tressel.

University of Iowa go get coach Tressel!!!

Go Hawks!!

Pay whatever it takes to get Bill Snyder and NO he is not too old!

Just a question for all the Biels fans. Do you really think he would come to Iowa?

I don't know if he would actually take the job (not sure what he makes at Arkansas) but he played for Iowa and was coach at Iowa under KF. The ties are most certainly there.

It seems realistic to at least entertain the idea.

Pay whatever it takes to get Bill Snyder and NO he is not too old!

That thought crossed my mind. He's always had success at K-State, and that program was total garbage before he ever coached there. Just a question - does KSU have lower academic standards than Iowa? Could he have the same JUCO recruiting success at Iowa? (I don't know the answer, just throwing that out there)

I'm not sure about Tressel. He won at OSU, but recruiting would be more difficult at Iowa to say the least. If people hate KF's conservative style of play, it wouldn't be any better under JT.

Give it up... Neither of the Stoops or Bielema would come to Iowa. So just check them off your list.

Seriously... what world are you in if you can't acknowledge that Oklahoma is a better program?

Arkansas and Kentucky play in the conference that most high profile high school athletes want to play in and believe it gives them a best chance at making it to the next level. Furthermore both coaches have momentum building and invested a couple years to build that momentum so why exactly would they want to leave to come to Iowa?

Think about it this way... Would you leave a management job for a growing company with a promising future to take a similar job at for a declining company that you worked in the factory for 20 years ago??

It doesn't make sense.

Well the top choice for me is Colorado State's coach but it appears that Florida is going after him. Bielema or Mike Stoops would be my next choices.

Just a question for all the Biels fans. Do you really think he would come to Iowa?

Yes, but with two caveats.

1. If he is really successful at Arkansas they wont let him leave. By this I mean winning SEC West titles, however this is a very tough challenge. I could very well see him being fired after next year as well if the conference wins don't start rolling in. On balance, I doubt he is there a very long time.

2. We agree to pay his assistants in line with SEC schools as OSU. This is why he left wisky, and this is how we get him to come back.

Best case scenario is he gets fired in a couple years when Kirk's buyout is cheaper and we pick him up for a little less money without having to pay off his buyout. There is a 0% chance we will buy out Kirk and pony up to buy out Biels as well.

Bielema is the choice that makes the most sense, however, the longer kurt drags the program down and Biels builds Arkansas up, the further that gets from reality.

Hawkinn3 on the assistant coaching talk, did you see the Clemson coordinator who recently took the SMU job was getting 1.3 million a year.

Hawkinn3 on the assistant coaching talk, did you see the Clemson coordinator who recently took the SMU job was getting 1.3 million a year.

Sure did, Clemson produces less revenue and profit than we do. Tells you what their priority is vs. ours.

Latest posts