Who wins the West this year?

I agree with this but Cryst and Leonard are very good at what they do. They very good at identifying their opponents weaknesses and attacking them and identifying strengths and limiting them. They won the West because they did something to Minnesota that only Iowa also had success with and that's taking away the intermediate slant routes that Minnesota lived on all year.

They also stick to what they're good at and don't try to do what they're not good at. They never put Coan in bad situation. Easy, quick throws.

That is their advantage over Iowa. Iowa was too stubborn trying to be a running team. They should have been a pass first team this season. Even Wisconsin struggled to defend them.
Agree. It's Hayden's legacy of "Scratch where it itches" being passed down by Barry. It's one thing to know who you are, but being somewhat flexible doesn't mean you give up on your core principles. Loved the three QB sneaks in a row in the Holiday bowl. I thought that epitomized the principle. The frustrating thing is "Scratching where it doesn't itch" over and over trying to force something that isn't happening. Or having something that is working and not applying the principle (look at Toren Young's YPC stats).

I agree with this but Cryst and Leonard are very good at what they do. They very good at identifying their opponents weaknesses and attacking them and identifying strengths and limiting them. They won the West because they did something to Minnesota that only Iowa also had success with and that's taking away the intermediate slant routes that Minnesota lived on all year.

They also stick to what they're good at and don't try to do what they're not good at. They never put Coan in bad situation. Easy, quick throws.

That is their advantage over Iowa. Iowa was too stubborn trying to be a running team. They should have been a pass first team this season. Even Wisconsin struggled to defend them.

Scept at Illinois against Pappa Smurf.

Just hoping there is a season....and Iowa needs it's fan's butts in the seats. A quiet Kinnick I would have a hard time dealing with.

Latest posts