Who will step up and get nasty on defense?

bobcat

Bored at work so:
What is with the "D" ? I used to enjoy the Iowa way (what my house called it) With Norm, a three yard passed turned into one guy making the tackle followed by a slew of others punishing the receiver for catching the ball. You know the "You do it, I'll hold'em down" mentality. It seems like there isn't someone nasty on the defense. They seem tentative. Is their anybody you see that might have this in them? What happened to the Bullies?

Nico Law, and I hope a couple of DL get nasty. It would be nice if it was Carl Davis. But I havent seen that yet

No one has to be nasty to be good. We do have to be strong, quick, fast, smart, and team players. The other stuff like being nasty is for high school...

Bored at work so:
What is with the "D" ? I used to enjoy the Iowa way (what my house called it) With Norm, a three yard passed turned into one guy making the tackle followed by a slew of others punishing the receiver for catching the ball. You know the "You do it, I'll hold'em down" mentality. It seems like there isn't someone nasty on the defense. They seem tentative. Is their anybody you see that might have this in them? What happened to the Bullies?

You will see unprecedented nastiness when we depart Lames 1-2.

Bored at work so:

I'll step up. Still got eligibility left. Think ferentz would take me even if I was Bob Sanders like? Nah, if he knew what I really thought of him he wouldn't let me get close to Fort Kinnick.

I'd never wanna play for him even if I could. Played for some dumb coaches, but he would take the cake.

FreedComanche

No one has to be nasty to be good. We do have to be strong, quick, fast, smart, and team players. The other stuff like being nasty is for high school...

Tell that to Mitch King. Maybe you never played. You gotta feel like you can beat the heck out of king kong if you are on defense.

FreedComanche

Morris needs to step up and get better at sticking the run and making a few wow plays. I also think Nico Law has the tools to do it.

I think its about leadership as much as anything else. Guys have to know when they dont do their job or they do something that hurts the team. Such as as riding your moped through a construction zone intoxicated that you will have to face a teamate that is going to knock you on your butt. We havent had anyone like that for a while. Its easy to put it all on coaches but the team need leaders. Meens a lot more than a mad coach

Well, I think of nasty as trying to knock the snot out of somebody. I played in college(DII) but did have a scholarship, and I can tell you that my first year if you didn't have that nastiness you got your butt kicked. I think of how James Ferentz played, he seemed to have that edge last year. King, Angerer, Roth Etc played with it. I guess I have grown accustomed to have a stout defense. LTP. He has some potential.

Tanner Miller. Someone please post that video of him getting all nasty when Denard Robinson tried to run by him in the 2012 game.

No individual has to be nasty to be good. But just about any good defense has that one guy who is. Iowa's best units have all had that guy. Sanders, Roth, King, Angerer.

Latest posts