Who will OSU new coach be in 2011?

It was in the news...geez, calm down...it was a joke.

I still don't really buy it. It hasn't seemed like his family really plays that big of a role in these decisions. He wanted to "spend more time with his family" when he resigned, and now he travels just as much as an analyst. I won't be the least bit surprised if he ends up in Columbus.

tressel-billboard.jpg

The real question is will Gene Smith be fired also? You must realize that Gene was informed. Gene was caught at Iowa State and Arizona State. He is a true teflon AD.

Urban Meyer's daughter tweeted that her dad will not be coaching at OSU. I should believe that, right????

I don't know what is more interesting, her saying that, or the fact that you follow Urban Meyer's daughter on twitter.

Lane Kiffin

But seriously has that boise state Peterson guy proven himself for a large program?

I still don't really buy it. It hasn't seemed like his family really plays that big of a role in these decisions. He wanted to "spend more time with his family" when he resigned, and now he travels just as much as an analyst. I won't be the least bit surprised if he ends up in Columbus.

Or Notre Dame after a couple of 7-5 seasons by BK.

Would Bo Pelini jump to a different school in the same conference to go back to his alma mater? I don't see him staying at Nebraska long term.

If tOSU fires Tressel, it will be someone squeaky clean.

There is a bigger issue here though, which is, has the culture in Columbus spun so out of control that any coach will be fighting a losing fight.

Because let's be honest. Most people LOVE having access. It makes a prole used car dealer feel like a big shot. Those people are not going to stop tempting athletes. And no coach can watch the program 24 hours a day.

Columbus is a big city now, with almost 2MM in the metro area. There's also a poop ton of money there.

There will be no shortage of people with plenty of money to throw around or plenty of products to throw around in order to be a VIP in the cities biggest prize. tOSU athletics.

Again I will ask, why would an established coach who has a posh gig at ESPN (Meyer) or has a program humming along (Stoops at OU or Pelini at UNL) want to leave that for a program that will be staring at huge penalties from the NCAA (bowl bans, scholarship reductions, etc)?

If OSU really does get a worst case scenario outcome I dont see a big name coach going there.

Again I will ask, why would an established coach who has a posh gig at ESPN (Meyer) or has a program humming along (Stoops at OU or Pelini at UNL) want to leave that for a program that will be staring at huge penalties from the NCAA (bowl bans, scholarship reductions, etc)?

If OSU really does get a worst case scenario outcome I dont see a big name coach going there.

This.

I just don't understand why some think that a coach like U Meyer would want to take over a crippled tOSU program.

This.

I just don't understand why some think that a coach like U Meyer would want to take over a crippled tOSU program.

I don't think they're going to be "crippled". My guess is that they'll end up with a bit harsher punishment than what USC got. USC is perfectly fine, having signed the #4 class in the nation (according to Rivals). They're down compared to the standard that they set this decade, but they were down the year before the sanctions, too. They haven't missed a beat, at least not due to the penalties from the NCAA.

Unless they get a death penalty-like punishment, OSU will be in the same boat. The NCAA seems far more concerned with nailing Tressel's a** to the wall than the institution's at this point.

I don't think they're going to be "crippled". My guess is that they'll end up with a bit harsher punishment than what USC got. USC is perfectly fine, having signed the #4 class in the nation (according to Rivals). They're down compared to the standard that they set this decade, but they were down the year before the sanctions, too. They haven't missed a beat, at least not due to the penalties from the NCAA.

Unless they get a death penalty-like punishment, OSU will be in the same boat. The NCAA seems far more concerned with nailing Tressel's a** to the wall than the institution's at this point.

I may be way off on this but I believe USC is appealing their sanctions and that is why they were able to sign a 30 player class. If that is the case, they wont feel the effects of the scholarship limitations until after their appeal is denied, if it is denied.

Like I said I could be wrong on this.

I may be way off on this but I believe USC is appealing their sanctions and that is why they were able to sign a 30 player class. If that is the case, they wont feel the effects of the scholarship limitations until after their appeal is denied, if it is denied.

Like I said I could be wrong on this.

Even if that's the case, there's nothing that'll stop OSU from doing the same thing. Whether USC found a way to get around/delay the scholarship penalties doesn't really matter. They've likely managed to minimize the impact. They signed an elite class, and are now eligible for postseason play again.

The only way that OSU doesn't do the same thing will be if their postseason ban is at least 3 years long.

Latest posts