Who will OSU new coach be in 2011?

Saginawbay

Who will take Jim Tressels coaching position before the 2011 season. Will they stick with the current coach they are planning on using for the first five games or will they have time and land a bigger name before the season starts? OSU will fire JT before the start of the season or he will be forced to resign.

Also does OSU get 3-5 years probation this is going too really impact the OSU program for the next several season.

This will open up the Big Ten wide open for the 2011 season with OSU in turmoil. Maybe the Hawks can slip into Indy we will see.

Last edited:
Urban Meyer is available, and I'd be willing to bet he'd take the job if offered.

If something comes out of the probe into the car dealership probe, then Tressel will be done before he coaches a game this year.

If Urb truly retired for health reasons then I don't see him leaving a posh gig with ESPN. It would almost have to be someone who is already on staff.

Tressel will be the coach in 2011, at least for the games he is eligible. Then OSU will fire him after the season with just cause. Meyer in 2012.

If Urb truly retired for health reasons then I don't see him leaving a posh gig with ESPN. It would almost have to be someone who is already on staff.

A broken heart just takes time to heal. He will get over Timmy some day.

And then he'll take the OSU job after an interim coach holds down the job for a year.

Which is exactly why I think he would take the job. I don't buy his health reasons excuse. He said the same thing the year before, and was back in a couple weeks. Then he jumps ship after an average year without Tebow. He'll be coaching again before long, it's only a matter of time IMO.

Which is exactly why I think he would take the job. I don't buy his health reasons excuse. He said the same thing the year before, and was back in a couple weeks. Then he jumps ship after an average year without Tebow. He'll be coaching again before long, it's only a matter of time IMO.

Assuming Tressel gets the boot (which I believe he will), I think people are looking at this Meyer thing from the wrong perspective. Why would OSU, who is currently embroiled in a circus, want to risk hiring a coach who has quit 2 years in a row due to health reasons? He is a great coach and certaintly qualified to coach anywhere. However, switching coaches is a huge deal and OSU does not want to put itself in a position with a 50% possibility of having to do it again because of Meyer's issues. Those are just my thoughts on the whole deal. I will also throw out there that the head coaching possition at OSU is probably the most stressful in college football because of fan expectations.

Tressel will not coach another game at OSU this is just start of problems that will continue too grow for OSU and Tressel the administration will have no choice, but to fire him before the start of the 2011 season.

I could see Urban coaching at OSU he is not done coaching.

Tressel will be the coach in 2011, at least for the games he is eligible. Then OSU will fire him after the season with just cause. Meyer in 2012.

What is the point of letting him coach 2011 for 7 games then fire him. OSU will let him go before the 4th of July and have a new coach in place for 2011. OSU will also be put on 3-4 years of probation as well.

What is the point of letting him coach 2011 for 7 games then fire him. OSU will let him go before the 4th of July and have a new coach in place for 2011. OSU will also be put on 3-4 years of probation as well.

No way will this happen. Their NCAA hearing is in August, no decision will be made until after that.

Will be made before hearing trying too get out in front and save some kind of institutional control, which they do not have currently trying to save the program at this point.

Why is everybody assuming Urban Meyer would want to coach a program that could be looking at major major penalties because of these infractions?

Would someone please explain to me why Urban Meyer would want to coach at tosu if they are going to be on probation for the next 3-4 with a probable post-season ban thrown in there?

Urban Meyer's daughter tweeted that her dad will not be coaching at OSU. I should believe that, right????

Urban Meyer's daughter tweeted that her dad will not be coaching at OSU. I should believe that, right????

Maybe he doesn't coach at OSU, but he'll be coaching again before long. Besides, how would I know what his daughter is saying? I'm sure as hell not going to follow her tweets.

OSU got burned by firing Jim O'Brien before just cause, and lost money for it. They probably won't make the same mistake.

Attempting to hire a new coach in June would detrimental to the long-term health of the program. You'd have a smaller pool of coaches willing to take the job, along with a smaller pool of assistants willing to take assistant jobs.

Firing Tressel in June is cutting off their nose to spite their face. The program will be set back. The best thing to do is to ride out the season, fire him on January 2nd (after they win the Outback Bowl), and get the right head coach and the right assistants in place.

Just throwing some names out there nothing really to back it up with.

Jon Gruden
Chris Petersen
Former OSU assistants now coaching in the NFL

Maybe he doesn't coach at OSU, but he'll be coaching again before long. Besides, how would I know what his daughter is saying? I'm sure as hell not going to follow her tweets.

It was in the news...geez, calm down...it was a joke.

Latest posts