Who will be the new coach

hawkeyesgonewild

Kirk has 4 years on contract left. Who will be new coach I thought Brian but not now. How about stoops from Kentucky it is something to think about

Chris Klieman

The Summer of 2020 pretty much killed Brian’s chance of being his Dad’s immediate successor.

Not sure how realignment will affect KSU so Klieman may be a harder sale.

Chris Klieman

The Summer of 2020 pretty much killed Brian’s chance of being his Dad’s immediate successor.

Not sure how realignment will affect KSU so Klieman may be a harder sale.
How do you figure? He wasn't fired, neither was Kirk, they had a winning season, and it doesn't seem to have caused a big enough ruckus in recruiting for it to be national news this year.

He better hire someone slick to sell NIL deals. Like every team needs an agent now. I want Jerry Maguire. And can we bring back NCAA football with real names and body scans of players?

Kirk has 4 years on contract left. Who will be new coach I thought Brian but not now. How about stoops from Kentucky it is something to think about
Very early to be making guesses about this because some coaching trajectories will be ascendant in 3-4 years and some high choices now could descend or totally flame out.

Should we want to see a top assistant brought in now or soon as a position coach who is also assistant Head Coach in waiting????

Is Kirk going to do a Joe Pa, Bobby Bowden, or Bear Bryant and stay until he is 80ish?

Every year he coaches he adds to the money flow to his family and makes their futures very monetarily stable which I think is big for him and his wife.

I could see PP as a placeholder for BF. Separate Dads legacy from the kid and then PP slides back to DC when the U thinks BF is ready.

Is Kirk going to do a Joe Pa, Bobby Bowden, or Bear Bryant and stay until he is 80ish?

Every year he coaches he adds to the money flow to his family and makes their futures very monetarily stable which I think is big for him and his wife.
If Kirk was about the money he would have walked years ago.

Ferentz' pending retirement + OK / TX pending departures = Matt Campbell

Not where I'm putting my money but as long as we're forming our early bucket list.

I know it sounds crazy but LaVar Woods. Great recruiter, young, energetic and can relate to young players. Will still do things the "Iowa Way".

BF- no chance- Loose cannon at HC
PP- Doesn't want the added responsibility. He is known as one of the best DC in the country and will retire that way.