Who will be the Iowa basketball coach in 2011-12?

MisterHappy

A) Todd Lickliter
B) Keno Davis
C) Rodell Davis
D) Steve Forbes
E) Bruce Pearl
F) Gregg Marshall
G) Iowa basketball will be dropped

If it's not Lickliter then Iowa basketball is in real trouble! Imagine starting over again with another coach who may or may not succeed at Iowa.

I hope it's Lickliter but I'm not sure if people will be able to forget the start of his tenure once the pastures look more green and will want him gone before the pastures turn gold.

I believe it will be none of the mentioned,hopefully someone new that will not run all of the current players off!

Of all the names on your list I think Bruce Pearl or Keno Davis would be my choice. I dont think either one would step foot on our court again unless their teams were here to play us though.

Keno Davis or Bruce Pearl would be my first 2 choices.......but at this point - we need someone to come in and make a big splash!

Other wise..........the chirping in carver will only get louder as the old donors and season tix customers die off!

If it's not Lickliter then Iowa basketball is in real trouble! Imagine starting over again with another coach who may or may not succeed at Iowa.

This really depends on how this year and next ends up, doesn't it? If Lickliter gets it turned around - great.

If Lickliter doesn't right the ship, I think we MUST start over again no matter how you slice it. The next coach may or may not get the job done, who knows. But what's the use of staying with a coach who isn't getting it done, just because you don't know how the next guy will do?

Personally, I don't expect anybody on that original list to be our next coach. Pearl already turned us down once, and I don't know if we could lure Keno out of the Big East or not. And who knows how he feels about the UofI and how they showed his old man the door, but if Keno has hard feelings about that, I would have to believe that he would hold that against Bob Bowlsby, not Gary Barta or the UofI.

I think Rodell Davis is an interesting person to throw in there. He was a good player for the u of i, and a key component of Keno Davis' staff at Drake. I think he would be able to rally Iowa back to the Tom Davis era... overachieving players in a great system....

Some of Mr. Davis's best players were not huge recruits... he ran the Texas Tech of college BB while at Iowa... great upbeat system with players who are willing to work hard to make it work.

I am afraid it will be Lickliter. If it is then year 4 better be an 18 or above win season or he should be toast. Can't keep giving him a year, then a year, then a year........to do what he should have done by now. I just don't see him getting it done. Some fans act like next years class is the savior class and Iowa will dramatically improve. Well, folks, I hate to say this but other teams are improving too. And they have a head start on the Hawks. Things are going to have to improve DRAMATICALLY for Iowa is improved and starts to win.

Latest posts