Who we rooting for?

lazyhawkfan

#3 Baylor or #6 west Virginia?
With a Baylor loss, I don't see them dropping below us, but could see WVU jumping us. If Baylor wins, I think it is likely that the winner of illinois/iowa in the b1g tourney potentially secures the last #1 spot. So should I be rooting for Baylor?

Good questions. Baylor is 2 spots ahead of Iowa in the NET, WVU is well below us. In my mind, that's a no-brainer "go Mountaineers" from the Hawks' perspective.

Some general observations:

- I suspect WVU is a bit overrated, but a solid team
- Baylor has looked *rough*, their covid pause seems to have set them back (which is understandable)
- Game is @ WVU

I think WVU wins this one.

We have almost no shot of taking a 1 seed from Baylor z but we have a really good chance of losing a 1 seed to west virgina if they win out. Also if we take the 1 seed from Baylor we win probably end up in their bracket, which kinda defeats the purpose of getting the 1 seed anyway. I say go Baylor.

BTW, on a side note, even though Rutgers is still projected in the bracketology, I am not so sure given their record and the loss to Nebby. Which, by the way, should get Fran's attention.

I wish I could know the outcome of our game with Wisconsin before the Illinois Ohio State game.

If we end up being a 4 or 5 seed it's going to be way harder to have a successful Big 10 tournament

In the Illinois vs Michigan game it does not matter because Illinois has the tie breaker with Iowa.

In the Wisconsin Purdue game a Wisconsin win would be better because Iowa has the tie breaker with Purdue.

In the Illinois vs Ohio State game a Illinois win would be better because it seals a top 4 finish if Iowa can put away Nebraska.

If Iowa does win out none of the above matters. I just hope Iowa comes out on Thursday knowing it is in a position to lock a top four finish .

This Michigan team wearing 'heavy shoes' tonight.
Looks nothing at either end like the team that played Iowa 5 days ago.

Just when I thought Michigan looked like they were a team to be reckoned with, Illinois laying a beatdown on them.

The hottest team in the country right now may be Arkansas.

They are now up to #12 and just laid a 28 point beatdown on South Carolina on the road.

You do not want to see this team in your regional. Trust me.

Latest posts