Who was the last player we had of Marble's caliber?

the kid who transferred to UT after 1 year was suppose to be-he ended up getting kicked off their team with legal issues-- drawing a blank on his name

Dev is goood (and improving) but he's not in his dad's league yet (at least not offensively) but the truth is that their games are so different that's it's probably not a relevant comparison. We've had better ball handlers at guard, but none with his size. We've had better shooters at forward, but none who could have played extended time at guard. He's pretty unique in Iowa history.

This is actually true, pierce was extremely talented and probably cost that 2006 team a final four appearance... impossible to guard in transition

Pierce and Tyler Smith were our last two players who you could look at and say "that guy might be able to stick on an NBA roster." I know Haluska was drafted and all, but those two guys were our best athletes in roughly the past decade.

Pierce was the best player on Iowa's team in '05. He was arguably the best player in the Alford era. Much better player than Marble. The only reason he isn't the right answer to this question is because Haluska was more recent than Pierre.

i should have highlighted what i was 'whaing' about. final 4. believe me, i was alive and kicking in the alford era. yes, i know this piece fellow. but come on. with him, they make the final four, without him, just another 1st round loss for stevie wonder? please.

i should have highlighted what i was 'whaing' about. final 4. believe me, i was alive and kicking in the alford era. yes, i know this piece fellow. but come on. with him, they make the final four, without him, just another 1st round loss for stevie wonder? please.

I think any team that gets a 1 or 2 seed has a legit shot at a Final Four berth. Iowa was a 3 without Pierce. Add a new best player to that '06 team, and I think they would have been good enough to move up a line or two.

I think any team that gets a 1 or 2 seed has a legit shot at a Final Four berth. Iowa was a 3 without Pierce. Add a new best player to that '06 team, and I think they would have been good enough to move up a line or two.

That team would have been *really* good w/Pierce.

a line or two, not final four. no biggie, but i remember pierce, that team, and alfred differently than the person who made the comment. cost iowa a 'sweet 16' maybe. what i remember most about pierce is that he threw up a ton of wild shots and had a low fg% and was a brick layer at the foul line. 50%-60% all three years. that is not clutch.

Pierre pierce was a walking turnover. You guys have a terrible memory. He could get to the hoop or turn it over. I remember a couple 8 or 9 turnover game. Nullifying anything he'd done from a scoring point.

Pierre pierce was a walking turnover. You guys have a terrible memory. He could get to the hoop or turn it over. I remember a couple 8 or 9 turnover game. Nullifying anything he'd done from a scoring point.

he was a wild/out-of-control player. when you are a guard and shoot 50% from the ft line, that is pretty telling.

Latest posts