Who was the last player we had of Marble's caliber?

Careful observers of the Iowa program, I ask you - who is the most recent player you can think of we had on the roster that was of Marble's caliber?

I'm not concerned w/position. Just curious to see the names folks come up with.

Careful observers of the Iowa program, I ask you - who is the most recent player you can think of we had on the roster that was of Marble's caliber?

I'm not concerned w/position. Just curious to see the names folks come up with.

Marble's dad?

Seriously, I would say Gatens.

I'm not sure anyone who played for Lick had as much talent as Marble. Gatens was close. Jake Kelly had the potential to be this good in the right system. The correct answer is probably Haluska.

Ricky Davis is the only comparable skill set I can come up with. Davis much more athletic, but some similar game IMO.

haha, we all high on Marble right now and for good reason.

He may end up being Iowa's all time scorer in the NIT, if he isn't already.

I'm not sure anyone who played for Lick had as much talent as Marble. Gatens was close. Jake Kelly had the potential to be this good in the right system. The correct answer is probably Haluska.

This sums it up perfectly. I'd probably take Haluska over Marble, but that's hardly an insult. Haluska led the Big Ten in scoring and was arguably the best player on the best team we've had for at least 15 years.

I think Kelly is a good comparison. Lanky guard that does well with the ball in his hands. Gatens was a player, but such a different skill set.

Marble is the better player, just comparing style.

The last few games, Dev has made a couple ankle breaking moves on the defender to get to the rack that I didn't know he had. I was surprised.

I think Kelly is a good comparison. Lanky guard that does well with the ball in his hands. Gatens was a player, but such a different skill set.

Marble is the better player, just comparing style.

I think that is a pretty good comparison. I think Marble has developed into a better outside shooter.

gatens or haluska - neither could create on their own or handle the ball, make steals, etc. marble is in a class by himself. his dad might be the answer.

Interesting, thx for the responses.

The names that came to my mind were Haluska & Jake Kelly (a lot of other ppl have mentioned them, too). Kelly I sort of disqualify for being such a short-time player (and I think Marble may be a notch better). Haluska seems like a good candidate, but I think Marble is a better rounded player overall, so I think I would still give Marble the edge there.

At any rate, pretty exciting to have some high caliber players in the program again!

Interesting, thx for the responses.

The names that came to my mind were Haluska & Jake Kelly (a lot of other ppl have mentioned them, too). Kelly I sort of disqualify for being such a short-time player (and I think Marble may be a notch better). Haluska seems like a good candidate, but I think Marble is a better rounded player overall, so I think I would still give Marble the edge there.

At any rate, pretty exciting to have some high caliber players in the program again!

interesting two of the three players you mention were lick recruits......

I guess Pierre Pierce must be persona non grata in here.

I would put Pierre a notch better than Marble at this point. But obviously he brings some baggage that is probably going to make folks reluctant to bring him up!

I'm surprised how many ppl are saying Gatens. I love Matt Gatens - tons of heart and a good player, but I think Marble is a couple notches better.

Latest posts