Who W of Rockies would you schedule...

iHawk

... a home and away with in order to get this monkey off our backs?

I'd like to stay with the PAC 10. How about Stanford? Solid team lately. Fun road trip. Chance to beat Bowlsby. No excuses for a ridiculously late start time...

How about Cal? UCLA?

Should we look northwest?

There is no reason to schedule anyone out there. It's way out of Iowa's recruiting area, the games are on ridiculously late so the media/fans on the east coast won't even see it, and it really doesn't benefit Iowa in any way.

From now on, the only game Iowa should play on the west coast is the Rose Bowl.

I like the idea of scheduling a Pac-10 team for a couple of reasons

1. It's a legitimate game no matter who the opponent, cupcakes from the MAC don't look as good as a Pac-10 team, win or lose
2. Exposure, any Big 10/Pac 10 game will be seen Nationally. It's good for the Hawks
3. I grew up in Pac-10 country, easy road trip for me/family.

Opponents I'd like to schedule because it benefits me

1. Cal/Stanford - Doesn't matter both about same distance from family
2. Oregon/Oregon State - See above
3. Washington/Washington State - See #1
4. USC/UCLA - while technically closer to family in California I hate So. Cal. No reason to go there other than to play on Jan 1.
5. Never play in AZ again!

I want us to start scheduling areas where we recruit heavily. This crap of going out west to please the "snow birds" and all the Iowa alums out there ain't cutting it. I personally don't really care if we play West of the rockies anymore. I want us scheduling teams that we are constantly going against for recruits.

But we did have to schedule i would like us to play either ASU again, Arizona, Oregon State, or even Washington State. And I would let them know we are kicking off at 11am when they are in kinnick. When we go out there if they want it late they can have it. Otherwise if we have to switch our time from 11 to 2:30, then we are playing a 2:30 game out there! No more of this late night starts, we never fare well in those!

Why, Iowa doesn't recruit the west so I see no need to go west in the future, if anything schedule middle of the pack SEC or ACC teams instead where Iowa does recruiting.

Eastern Washington, up and coming 1-aa team with a big red field.

Idaho: I bet we could get the Kibbie Dome rockin with travelling fans making the pilgrimage to historic and beautiful Moscow, Idaho.

San Diego State would love to thank us for Chuck Long and his era of dominance in the MWC.

Why, Iowa doesn't recruit the west so I see no need to go west in the future, if anything schedule middle of the pack SEC or ACC teams instead where Iowa does recruiting.

Exactly. I would much rather schedule a Maryland, Rutgers, Pitt, UConn, Boston College, etc

Screw west of the Rockies, schedule Colorado. People think we'd be west of the Rockies but actually at the foot of the Rockies. They will be part of the Pac 10 in 2012 (I believe), not too far to travel and decent recruiting in the Denver.

Any game out west has to be played with a start time no later than 5pm Pacific Time. If it is too hot to play at that hour than it is too bad.

I think we should schedule Western Kentucky,Idaho, and Udub. That way we can get an over inflated view of ourselves and rub it in our neighbors faces.