Who to blame...

Figured it out

• Total voters
Do you get nose bleeds on your high horse?

Just a goof. Glad most got that.

Try again next week Hawks.

I get it. Maybe you don't. I didn't say anything about the poster just that I wouldn't wish that on anybody. After seeing your comments I might have to re-think my position on that. Actually I wouldn't wish that on you. It seems to be you who is on a high horse.

No matter who did or didn't do what, whether it's an assistant coach or player not executing, the head coach brought them here and put them out there. It's on him. Last week Ferentz gets credit for the win, today and most of this season he has failed tremendously.

So if you're late for work, should your boss be fired?

While I'm disappointed in Iowa's run defense overall this season, I'm willing to give the defense a pass on this disaster. The offense was a turnover machine and could not put a drive together after that first one. I think Ruddock actually audibled to a sack at one point.

That defense was overworked because of the incompetent offense.

While I'm disappointed in Iowa's run defense overall this season, I'm willing to give the defense a pass on this disaster. The offense was a turnover machine and could not put a drive together after that first one. I think Ruddock actually audibled to a sack at one point.

That defense was overworked because of the incompetent offense.

Perhaps you could make this argument… If the defense played well on any of Minnesota's first three or four drives. They did not. Minnesota marched it down on their first drive and scored a touchdown (IIRC, a 6 play 60+ yard drive). Minnesota scored a touchdown on 7 of 8 of their first drives. The defense did not play well at all. Neither did the offense, nor special-teams. And all around poor performance. Including from the coaches.

I don't see the defense or Phil Parker on there at all? So are they not responsible for giving up TDs on 7 of 8 drives?

I'll hang up and listen.

that's true, but even the defense falls on kfootballs shoulders. He's the top dog.

I didn't see any assistant coaches getting $3.75 mil contracts in 2010. kfootball did; he reaped the financial reward from'08 and '09. He can now take all of the blame. It is his program, these are his coaches and players an kfootball is responsible for the team. Period.

The offense to start with.

The 3 turnovers, bad field position off muffed kick returns, and the blocked-short punt really hurt.

But once again we saw a probably scripted offense have a nice opening drive and then WHAM they just get shut down by a quicker, stronger defense.

If the hawks could just maintain control of the ball and move it and score once in a while the first half might have been 21-17 Minny and you have a game.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by gohawkz

No matter who did or didn't do what, whether it's an assistant coach or player not executing, the head coach brought them here and put them out there. It's on him. Last week Ferentz gets credit for the win, today and most of this season he has failed tremendously.

If I'm constantly late my boss does nothing about it and continues go allow me to hurt the company then the boss should ABSOLUTELY be fired.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by gohawkz

If I'm constantly late my boss does nothing about it and continues go allow me to hurt the company then the boss should ABSOLUTELY be fired.

2 things...
1) in the scenario, when do you fault the employee for always being late?

2) So you're assuming KirFer is doing nothing? You're probably the guy that says Kurt is just sitting there counting his monies, rather than coaching.

I didn't see any assistant coaches getting $3.75 mil contracts in 2010. kfootball did; he reaped the financial reward from'08 and '09. He can now take all of the blame. It is his program, these are his coaches and players an kfootball is responsible for the team. Period.

If you're beaching about the contract? I think you should direct it towards the guy who gave it to him.

Latest posts