Who takes Paterno's place?

CardStuntLeader

does KF even consider taking this job if offered? he would be a VERY likely candidate...since he's known for this crystal-clean image, etc...thoughts??

does KF even consider taking this job if offered? he would be a VERY likely candidate...since he's known for this crystal-clean image, etc...thoughts??

i don't think so.

I don't know the answer to this question, but I'll ask it hoping someone does:

name the last big 10 football coach to take another big ten head coaching job.....i can't name him.

It happens. Nick Saban coached at LSU before taking the 'Bama job.

Ferentz would be a good candidate for that job. He does posses a high level of integrity, he likes to run a conservative system, and PSU will likely need a new head coach in the very near future.

With that said, who wants to be the replacement for Joe Pa? That guy has such a legacy and fan following that it may be hard for any top candidate to even think about being his replacement. Add in the fact that PSU doesn't seem to really pay their HC a ton, this could be the beginning of the end for that football program. Happy Valley isn't happy anymore.

Ferentz would be a good candidate for that job. He does posses a high level of integrity, he likes to run a conservative system, and PSU will likely need a new head coach in the very near future.

With that said, who wants to be the replacement for Joe Pa? That guy has such a legacy and fan following that it may be hard for any top candidate to even think about being his replacement. Add in the fact that PSU doesn't seem to really pay their HC a ton, this could be the beginning of the end for that football program. Happy Valley isn't happy anymore.

really, this makes the transition much easier. not making light of the situation, but joe is now going out in a way much different than everyone thought. next guy gets to be a 'savior' type instead of a goat.

SEC lives by their own set of rules. Has it happened in the Big 10? KF is not going to break that tradition, given what we know about him i.e. loyalty, integrity, etc.

Kirk's dad said once about all the NFL talk - "people don't understand. Kirk and Mary love Iowa the way I love Pennsylvania."

Iowa is home to them. If he makes the move it is because it is a better job, not because he is going home.

Prior to the scandal I would think they would stay in the "family" and go after Al Golden or Schiano. Now, they can't go after ANYONE who has had any connection to the current regime. Once they clean house (football dept, AD and other dept officials, school prez, etc) then I think someone like Urban Meyer would be a likely candidate. At this point though, who really cares, this current mess needs to be cleaned up first.

Saban had a stop with the Dolphins in between his stints at LSU and Bama. And im sure there is nothing more Ferentz would love to do then not coach James his last year at Iowa and not have the oppurtunity to be there on Senior Day when James is honored next year.

Ferentz has said he has lived in Iowa longer than he has in Pennsylvania and him and Mary consider themselves Iowans.

Prior to the scandal I would think they would stay in the "family" and go after Al Golden or Schiano. Now, they can't go after ANYONE who has had any connection to the current regime. Once they clean house (football dept, AD and other dept officials, school prez, etc) then I think someone like Urban Meyer would be a likely candidate. At this point though, who really cares, this current mess needs to be cleaned up first.

I heard Urban already said forget it. I cannot see KF stepping into that mess and leaving James here next year. Not going to happen. Al Golden might be a good choice. Its not like he had anything to do with it.

I don't know why any respectable coach would want to come anywhere near this program. I hope Penn State falls to the bottom of the Big Ten.

Pat Fitzgerald.

If I'm PSU I'd be looking for a coach that has name recognition, young, energetic, and has no known character issues. Whether you like Fitzgerald or not, he fits that description.

He would be a coach that the current players, recruits and fan base could rally around. And he seems like the type of guy that would like this challenge.

I don't see an Urban Meyer, Jon Gruden, Bob Stoops or any other of the so called "A list" coaches wanting to take on this mess, as you have no idea how bad it is going to get, and they are not going to want their legacies tarnished by going down with a sinking ship.

Right now, who on earth would want this job? Can you imagine the questions you would have to answer, wouldn't be about football. KF is a smart man and no way he would leave for that mess in State College.

Pat Fitzgerald.

If I'm PSU I'd be looking for a coach that has name recognition, young, energetic, and has no known character issues. Whether you like Fitzgerald or not, he fits that description.

He would be a coach that the current players, recruits and fan base could rally around. And he seems like the type of guy that would like this challenge.

I don't see an Urban Meyer, Jon Gruden, Bob Stoops or any other of the so called "A list" coaches wanting to take on this mess, as you have no idea how bad it is going to get, and they are not going to want their legacies tarnished by going down with a sinking ship.

If I were PSU he would be the first guy I would call.

He didn't leave LSU for Bama though. He left LSU for the NFL and then when that didn't work out he went to Bama. Kinda like Spurrier.

Regardless, Ferentz wouldn't touch this job now. Neither will Urban or anyone decent in my opinion. The PSU job is tainted.

Saban had a stop with the Dolphins in between his stints at LSU and Bama.

That's what I was thinking. Saban didn't go directly from LSU to Alabama. Ditto for Steve Spurrier - he spent time with the Redskinks (I think) between FL and S. Carolina.

I'm not particularly worried about KF being offered AND accepting the PSU job. But as far as I know, there is nothing to prevent a coach from leaving one school and taking another job within the same conference... Is there?