Who Starts? Who Cares? - hawkeyesports.com

"It's about who is making plays and getting the hot hand," Canzeri said. "Mark did great during the game, that's why he got the majority of the carries. We know that going into each game that whoever has the hot hand is going to get the ball."

That statement comes from a player who is reciting what they (players) are "told" by coaches and what "they" personally feel. That should provide a sense of relief to some of us who may be concerned that the right players are seeing the ball when on the field...The key of course is actually getting on the field and into the game to find out if you're the one with the "hot hand"!

Relief is felt, but I won't believe it until I see it played out at QB, sans injury issues.

Kinda sucks for Daniels being the odd man out all together now. Still ****** he didn't redshirt either this year or last. He's going to have hardly played for two years now. Just wish the coaching staff would have realized the mistake of not redshirting him last year and had done it this year. If a guy or two gets hurt then sure play him but there was no reason to either one of these two years to have wasted a yr of his eligibility. The way the staff handles rbs from that to playing time is head scratching. No rhyme or reason just throw one out there for a bit and then take em out. Hate to look past this year with so much of it ahead of us but I like the idea of Beathard starting from the git go with Canzeri and Daniels sharing touches next year...

Latest posts