Who says Ricky Stanzi can't play in the NFL?!

If you give him time in the pocket, he throws a great ball...the problem in the NFL is you rarely have much time and need to make plays out of something relatively tight. I was excited how his senior year started, but it seemed like he was checking down to RB's waaaay too early in those pivotal 2 minute O situations that doomed us so much. He looks the part, has the tools, but would need some time to deveop and would need to end up in the right spot to give him time to do it, a long shot IMO.

Stanzi has a chance given his size and the Ferentz thing never hurts. I doubt he gets drafted, but he will end up getting a chance. As unfair the Tom Brady thing is, the lesson is that he will be given a shot, which we all hope.

At the end of the day, it's going to be much like his high school recuiting days, but Ricky doing the recruiting.

C'Mon Ricky. Make them believe!!!!!!!!

Long never made it in the pros because he was drafted by Detroit. He was a quintesential pocket passer and Detroit didn't run that kind of offense. Chuck Long = Jim Everett if he's drafted into the same kind of system that Everett was in L.A.

This, plus to add that Detroit changed coaches and systems after Long was drafted. And their O-line was crap.

Long never made it in the pros because he was drafted by Detroit. He was a quintesential pocket passer and Detroit didn't run that kind of offense. Chuck Long = Jim Everett if he's drafted into the same kind of system that Everett was in L.A.

Chrissy? You can't find a more manly comparison? But beyond that, guys drafted into the wrong NFL system who have the tools to become good NFL QB's often end up moving to a better situation in a few years and end up having productive careers. Other guys either don't get a second chance, or fizzle out after a move. The NFL has been littered with those types. Brady Quinn, Andre Ware, Matt Leinart, Rob Johnson, Ryan Leaf, soon to be Alex Smith, Joey Harrington, and the list goes on.

Saying it was just a system thing with Long is looking at it through black and gold colored glasses.

Chrissy? You can't find a more manly comparison?

Saying it was just a system thing with Long is looking at it through black and gold colored glasses.

Maybe so, but the Everett/Long comparision is legit. They were far and awaythe two best QB's in the big ten their SR. years, had comparable careers and a couple of fabulous heads-up matches in College. Everett threw for nearly 35,000yds and over 200 TD's in a 12 year pro career. Given the right opportunity, Chuck could well have put up those kind of numbers or better.
I will ALWAYS think that Detriot hosed Long with the coaching/system change after the draft, tried to "convert" him to their system and basically ruined a promising career. If that's looking at it through black & gold colored glasses, so be it.

RS will get drafted because he has the body type and already runs a pro-style O. I see him as a 5th-6th rounder.

Now IMO he will struggle for playing time. for one he does not throw a good deep ball. He misses way to many open receivers. But the thing that RS has the most trouble with is handling pressure. Teams that blitzed him the most gave him fits. The NFL is all about confusing the QB and bringing blitz packages almost every play. Can any of you picture Ricky going up against the Steelers or Ravens and having any kind of success? Ya me neither.

RS will hold the clipboard and get an occasional look due to an injury but it is hard for me to see him having much success in the NFL. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Latest posts