Who is the most overrated team in the nation?

I love playing this hating game. Every team sucks, no one in the top 10 is any good. Auburn sucks, Boise St. sucks, TCU barely beat Oregon St. and beat an over ranked Utah. Alabama only has one decent win and that was against Arkansas whose defense sucks and barely beat a crappy Georgia team. LSU is terrible, they should have lost to a horrible Tennesse team, only somehow their coach screwed up more than Les Miles. Wisconsin got lucky to beat an average Arizona St team at home, struggled with San Jose St and got killed by an overrated Michigan St team who got blown out by Iowa who should have been killed by an Indiana team that almost got beat by Arkansas St. Ohio St has played a softer a schedule than Boise St. and got punched in the mouth by the only decent team they've played. Nebraska lost to Texas who lost at home to UCLA and Iowa St. Oklahoma has just squeeked by Utah St, Cincy and lost to a Texas A&M team with no defense and an overrated Mizzou team. Everybody sucks.

Great post! Hit it on the head.

Many people said Boise St. I actually think they are pretty good. They are fast and was impressed with their DL against VaTech. I'm not going to argue about the schedule because it is weak, but if you've watched them, you know they have some talent.

I guess we'll find out as the way things are going they are a possible Rose Bowl opponent for the B10 champ.

My pick for most overrated is Oklahoma. Top 4 talent, barely top 25 production. Kinda funny, in a national poll, Iowa would get a lot of votes for this list right now.

Boise is not going to play in the title game unless Auburn and Oregon both lose. TCU is going to ace them out, if any non-AQ team gets in

Got me there. TCU will probably move ahead of BSU.

What if TCU gets to the title game and BSU is still in top 4 BCS?

Does BSU still get that Rose Bowl bid for non-AQ teams if Oregon meets TCU in title game. I'm thinking Auburn losses to Alabama and TCU moves to #2.

Okay my brain is starting to hurt. Playoff please.

Got me there. TCU will probably move ahead of BSU.

What if TCU gets to the title game and BSU is still in top 4 BCS?

Does BSU still get that Rose Bowl bid for non-AQ teams if Oregon meets TCU in title game. I'm thinking Auburn losses to Alabama and TCU moves to #2.

Okay my brain is starting to hurt. Playoff please.

No if TCU is in the title the Rose Bowl does not have to take Boise St. and it's possible Boise St. could start the year ranked 3rd, go undefeated and then be left out of the BCS bowls all together. Only the highest ranked non AQ is guaranteed a spot.

No if TCU is in the title the Rose Bowl does not have to take Boise St. and it's possible Boise St. could start the year ranked 3rd, go undefeated and then be left out of the BCS bowls all together. Only the highest ranked non AQ is guaranteed a spot.

Wrong. Top 4 finish is guaranteed also. TCU and Boise will both be playing in BCS bowls this year. The question is...does one or both now end up in the title game. What happens if Oregon stumbles and Bama beats Auburn?

Wrong. Top 4 finish is guaranteed also. TCU and Boise will both be playing in BCS bowls this year. The question is...does one or both now end up in the title game. What happens if Oregon stumbles and Bama beats Auburn?

Who's to say Boise stays in the top four? A one loss Nebraska and LSU or Wisconsin or Ohio St. could pass them too.

My vote is for Auburn, I was just telling a friend who goes there this 2 days ago and he hung up on me... i think he secretly knows I was right =)

South Carolina. or maybe Baylor. both are thought of way too highly this season. OK State will win Big XII Auburn will win SEC as much as I hate saying that, Oregon Pac 10, TCU Mtn West, Virginia Tech ACC, Wisconsin Big Ten, Pittsburgh Big East...even a lot of those champions are overrated in my opinion. (VTech, Pitt, Auburn)

Utah was, Neb & Okla are, MSU is, Auburn maybe, and well BSU.

There is a reason their initials have "BS" in them; their schedule. I just don't think you can be in the NC conversation without playing real competition week-in and week-out.

Could Boise beat anyone in the B10? Absolutely! Could they do it 8 straight weeks? Highly doubtful but we'll never know. You have to bring your A-game every week in the B10, SEC, B12, PAC10, not just once or twice a year several weeks/months apart.

Last edited:

You are the one who is wrong sir :) Jon posted the BCS rules last night. It says only 1 of the 2 AQ schools is guaranteed a BCS bowl if 2 AQ teams finish in Top 4. So TCU and BSU are not guaranteed a BCS berth by finishing in Top 4, just the higher ranked of the two. Now, both certainly could be invited, but it is not guaranteed.

Here is the link to Jon's article on the rules affect on TCU and BSU:

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/...l/19625-one-boise-tcu-gonna-get-left-out.html

Last edited:
Boise and Nebraska are the most overated in the top 10 but I think Nebraska edges out Boise as THE most overated. Boise remains undefeated with an equally weak schedule and Virginia Tech and Oregon St. are probably better than anyone in the Big 12 this year.

Boise St. Play someone. And don't tell me Oregon St and VT is that great this year.. Weak.. Oregon and Auburn would paste Boise St.

Boise St. Play someone. And don't tell me Oregon St and VT is that great this year.. Weak.. Oregon and Auburn would paste Boise St.

Boise St normally does play Oregon. Maybe its a coincidence that Oregon has a good year without starting vs. Boise State.

Serious question : How much should Boise win by every week in order to prove that they could win week out in the Big 10/12. Seriously, they annihilate every team they play and have stepped up in every big time game they have been in. Should get a shot over TCU.

Nebraska, hands down. THe big 12 sucks this year. Put nebraska against a defense with a pulse and they're done. Iowa would beat Nebraska by 10 or more.

Boise St has played a tougher schedule than Ohio St and their two best wins are much better than any win OSU has. Oh and they also haven't lost to anybody. Nobody in the country is going to "paste" Boise St. They might beat them but it will be a close game.

Boise is not going to play in the title game unless Auburn and Oregon both lose. TCU is going to ace them out, if any non-AQ team gets in

I wouldn't count out Boise State of moving ahead of TCU:

- Boise State needs to win out in blowout fashion which includes at #23 Nevada and vs. a decent Fresno State team (Boise has a total of 4 games left)

- Boise State also needs Virginia Tech to win out and win the ACC championship

- Baylor loses more games (TCU beat Baylor)

- Some of the better teams in the Mountain West(Utah, Air Force, BYU) losing would help their cause also. Boise State fans should be huge Notre Dame fans this weekend.

TCU really shouldnt move up anymore as they have two pretty easy games left (home vs. San Diego State and at New Mexico) If they struggle at all with either of these teams they deserve to fall back in the rankings.

It's a lot to ask but at the end of the year if this scenario plays out Boise State might have a better overall body of work.

The fact that Boise has four games left and TCU only has two games left could very well be the deciding factor either way.

Latest posts