Who is the best WR in the Ferentz Era?

It's gotta be Ed Hinkel. He had the best hands of anyone ever in my lifetime to wear a Hawkeye jersey, ran good, hard routes, blocked well, and could be a playmaker when called upon.

My first thought would be to go with Ed Hinkel. But then I remembered that both Kevin Kasper and Kahlil Hill both were at Iowa at the very beginning of Ferentz's tenure...Kasper is the leading WR all time at Iowa. But Hinkel started or played prominent minutes all 4 years he was here, and he was a guy that made the tough catches look routine. Not to mention occasionally turning in the ridiculous catch...

I'll go with Hinkel as a guy whose entire career was during the Ferentz era.

Does anyone know why he was suspended for 1 year?

A google search yields the following result...

DES MOINES (AP) - Kahlil Hill was suspended for the 1999 football season at Iowa because he took an over-the-counter drug that contained a banned performance-enhancing substance, his father said.

Rough start to the Ferentz regime, having to suspend a talented player for an entire year (and force that to count against his eligibility...just think if Ferentz allows him to redshirt he's a senior on that 2002 team!!!1!).

A google search yields the following result...

DES MOINES (AP) - Kahlil Hill was suspended for the 1999 football season at Iowa because he took an over-the-counter drug that contained a banned performance-enhancing substance, his father said.

Rough start to the Ferentz regime, having to suspend a talented player for an entire year (and force that to count against his eligibility...just think if Ferentz allows him to redshirt he's a senior on that 2002 team!!!1!).
Oh, nice. I remember it was such a big story... but I could find out nothing at the time. Can you believe that was flippin' 10 years ago!!!

I'd have to say Ed Hinkle. He was the definition of a possession receiver but also made a lot of circus catches. Second would be CJ Jones.

How about Mo Brown? I think he mightve had the best talent

As far as productivity i would probably go with K Hill

Best TD Catch in the big house ever!

He also had a fantastic, horizontal gravity-defying catch in the "White House" too, didn't he?

Never fear...yes, he did, and I found it!

hinkel2.jpg

And here's the Michigan one, as if you had forgotten:

l3417ef980000_1_11036.jpg

How about Mo Brown? I think he mightve had the best talent

As far as productivity i would probably go with K Hill
I would have said Mo but I'm going with E. Hinkell. KF has always had playmakers at WR. Hinkell was just the blue collar guy we all love. Consistent and productive.