Who is pumped about a Sat. game for a change?

smhawk

This guy is, just never been crazy about Sunday games.

Should be a good matchup @Indiana, with how they been playing, wanting vengence since the beat down we put on them, and being at their place if we're able to come away with a win it'd be a great accomplishment.

Totally agreed. Would be nice momentum for next weeks game at home vs Wisconsin if we could pull off the road win at Indiana. Go Hawks!!

I have no problem with Sunday games. But I admit that I like Saturday games much better.

As deez referenced, this game is all about momentum. You have the two bottom feeding teams in the Big Ten now looking anything but. I understand that Indiana has had a favorable schedule and Iowa shot 99.9996% from the field against MSU to notch their win, but defensively both teams have been looking like quality Big Ten teams for a change.

It's always tough to win at Indiana. But if the Hawks could manage to do it, their confidence is going to go through the roof.

Time to get our first Big Ten road win and then Frans first win over a ranked team. This could be a good week to build upon.

Time to get our first Big Ten road win and then Frans first win over a ranked team. This could be a good week to build upon.

We've been there in several conference games. Just haven't managed to keep up the execution for the full 40 minutes. Hopefully the team learned something Wednesday night and can carry that forward for the rest of the season.

As pathetic as it sounds, not finishing in last place would be really nice for this team. Win today and that will go a long way to making sure that doesn't happen.

I would like a Saturday home game even better.

We've got three home weekend games in the next four weeks!

Minnesota (2/13) -Sunday
Michigan (2/19) -SATURDAY GAME AT 3:35!!!!!!
Purdue (3/5) -Sunday

Will be interesting how many fans will come out for these games against good competition.

I totally agree!!!

College basketball is meant to be on Saturday afternoon, for some reason Sunday games just don't seem right. It seems like a much bigger deal when it's on Saturday.

Iowa has been fated to the Sunday game because of their lack of appeal outside of Iowa. When you lose, you don't get the prime time slots. I am definitely glad to see the game today because there is some other game thing going on tomorrow I plan on watching.

Iowa has been fated to the Sunday game because of their lack of appeal outside of Iowa. When you lose, you don't get the prime time slots. I am definitely glad to see the game today because there is some other game thing going on tomorrow I plan on watching.

Yeah, this probably wouldn't be on Saturday if it were a BTN game, they generally have the better games on Saturday and until we become a better team we won't be one of those. In the old days of Raycom/ESPNPlus games it wouldn't have mattered so we'd be playing Saturday games anyway. That's probably why it seems so weird to be playing on Sunday all the time.

We've got three home weekend games in the next four weeks!

Minnesota (2/13) -Sunday
Michigan (2/19) -SATURDAY GAME AT 3:35!!!!!!
Purdue (3/5) -Sunday

Will be interesting how many fans will come out for these games against good competition.

That's fantastic; I was under the impression that Iowa didn't have a Saturday home game this year. With Michigan in town, there is no reason that game shouldn't be packed. Hell, depending on what time those other two games start they should have pretty good crowds as well.

I've been excited about every game this year and that's not a stretch. I missed the Paradise Jam games and I think maybe one or two others but have either watched live or tivo'd the rest.

I love the passion. We seem to have a dimension that has been lacking for a LONG time. Nobody is going to push us around and we don't seem to have the deer in headlights look even when we are outmatched.

Mel is a stud. I made this point in a prior thread but the kid is going to leave Iowa at or near the top of the all-time stat sheets. We need a C for next year and we will make the NCAAs. Without a C I think we still make the NIT and finish above .500.

I've been excited about every game this year and that's not a stretch. I missed the Paradise Jam games and I think maybe one or two others but have either watched live or tivo'd the rest.

I love the passion. We seem to have a dimension that has been lacking for a LONG time. Nobody is going to push us around and we don't seem to have the deer in headlights look even when we are outmatched.

Mel is a stud. I made this point in a prior thread but the kid is going to leave Iowa at or near the top of the all-time stat sheets. We need a C for next year and we will make the NCAAs. Without a C I think we still make the NIT and finish above .500.

Right now I would just settle for not having to play on Thursday in the BTT. Baby steps.

Latest posts