Who is patient enough to weather 0-18?

Given the need for a talent infusion to the Iowa basketball program, McCaffery should also consider a foreign player (in addition to JUCO options).

While I have never previously been in favor of this type of approach, Iowa desperately needs some talent to at least give hope for next year.

At this point, I'm willing to try to forget about Marcelo Gomes, and give a true foreign player a try, provided Fran can identify, recruit and get such a player into school. At least a foreign player won't know how bad Iowa basketball has been over the past decade.

We aren't going 0-18.

#1 OSU = 0-2
@ #14 Purdue = 0-1
@ #15 Minny = 0-1
#23 Illini = 0-1
NW (best team in years) = 0-1

We're done with the top team in the country. We're done on the road against the next 2 toughest...based on rankings. The next 9 is where we have to get some wins. I'm thinking 3-2 at home and 1 of the 4 road games. That's 4-5 before likely going 0-4 to end the season...although the 3 frosh will have a season under their belts when Purdue comes to town. I think McCabe and Marble may have hit the freshman wall a bit and will start coming around in the next few games with a step down in competition. I'm hoping for the best. We have to have the win tomorrow.

Indy
@ PSU
@ MI
MSU
@ Indy
Wisky
Minny
@ NW
MI
@ Illini
@ MSU
Purdue

In one of these games, if the boys can just avoid that first half drought and still come out fighting in the second half, they'll nip a team, maybe two, maybe more. Once you get one and play well, it can be a cumulative effect.

Obviously this didn't occur under the previous coaching staff, but with this one I think confidence is key! Especially with these newer players who are probably getting hungry for a win. With the previous staff there seemed to be a sense of "awe man, nothings going right, this program just isn't going anywhere" which led to the quit we saw last year. I'm not seeing that quit this year, they still are playing hard even down 15 to 20 pts in the second half. Plus with the new staff in place, I believe they have a long term plan in place to bring back the competitive swagger and the players will eventually bite on it, it may only take a few wins to spur a lot of hope.

We aren't going 0-18.

#1 OSU = 0-2
@ #14 Purdue = 0-1
@ #15 Minny = 0-1
#23 Illini = 0-1
NW (best team in years) = 0-1

We're done with the top team in the country. We're done on the road against the next 2 toughest...based on rankings. The next 9 is where we have to get some wins. I'm thinking 3-2 at home and 1 of the 4 road games. That's 4-5 before likely going 0-4 to end the season...although the 3 frosh will have a season under their belts when Purdue comes to town. I think McCabe and Marble may have hit the freshman wall a bit and will start coming around in the next few games with a step down in competition. I'm hoping for the best. We have to have the win tomorrow.

Indy
@ PSU
@ MI
MSU
@ Indy
Wisky
Minny
@ NW
MI
@ Illini
@ MSU
Purdue

I agree but at any rate I am supporting this coach at least until I see what his first full two year recruiting efforts bring in. We all know that will be the key to Iowa's success. It won't be some system that brings Iowa back.

Latest posts